Net

P Aof shouted Cut, and I let out this tiny breath I had been holding in. I had almost leaned in to kiss Zee despite it not appearing in the scene.

We pulled away, and Zee shot me a look
No words were needed. We knew exactly what was running through our heads. Whatever I said, I meant it, and I knew he knew.

P Aof concluded filming for the day. We all started packing up. Zee came by to my trailer.

"It's the weekend, Net. Are there any plans? We got no filming for the next 2 days."

I looked over at him and nodded my head.

"It's James' birthday weekend, so we all are coming together to surprise him for it."

Zee nodded, telling me to have fun. He was about to walk when I stopped him.

"Will you like to come? You can meet the guys I hang out with. Plus, I'm sure James will be happy to see you too."

"Ah, these guys are not from the industry. Are you sure they will be ok with me crashing?"

"I want to bring you as my plus 1. Not exactly crashing, are you?"

Zee looked at me before a tiny blush streaked through his face. He nodded, agreeing to come. He wanted to go get a present for James, and I offered to tag along so I could help him. But I think it was more of a pretext to just spend time with him.

We went back to our respective houses, showered, changed, packed a small weekend bag, and I went to pick him up. We parked the weekend bags in my car and then we went shopping. We strolled around the mall for hours, trying to find an appropriate present.

If anyone saw us from afar, they would probably think we were friends, but the underlying tension between us was just peaking. I desperately wanted to hold his hands whilst he kept using every opportunity to touch me or pull me towards him under the guise of looking at gifts.

I had already informed James and the boys that he was coming and everyone was completely ok. Once we had bought the present, we went over. Zee hit it off pretty well with my friends, and I was super glad to see that he settled in well.

"Boyfriends already?"

I looked over at James, who just smiled at me.

"Noooo... I don't know how to ask. I... I'm not sure if he even feels that way."

"He could have done anything with his weekend, but rather, he's here, wanting to spend it with you. What do you think, Net?"

I looked over at Zee, who was busy chatting with one of my close friends and also helping to blow up the balloons. He caught me looking at me and smiled. I just nodded, looking away, embarrassed at having been caught. James just chuckled and told me to seize the day if I wanted and not to sit on it lest someone swooped in to take Zee away.

Just then, Zee received a call. His face changed as he took it. He started looking troubled over the cause of the call and then stood up. I instantly went over.

"Is everything ok?"

"I... I have to leave, Net. I just got a call from the hospital. Max got into an accident. I'm his emergency contact, so they contacted me. It seems bad."

I nodded. I instantly offered to send him over. He declined, saying it's ok and that he would be fine. I was feeling troubled as he took off, worried for Max, and also bummed out that Zee wasn't going to be here after all.

James tried cheering me up, and I apologised for being such a dampner. He laughed and just waved it off. I kept looking at my phone the whole night, but there were no calls or texts from Zee.

The weekend passed by, and there was zero communications from Zee. I sighed as I knew Max was taking primary stage, but I was still worried for Zee. Monday rolled around, but P Aof told us that Zee was taking leave for about a week to look after Max. We all nodded, and P Aof shot me an additional look, but I just smiled wanely.

I decided to stop by to see Zee on Tuesday. I knocked on his door, and then, to my surprise, Max opened the door. He was sporting a sling and some bruises, but he looked relatively ok.

"Hello, Max... you are here? How are you?"

"I been good. Recovering now. Zee brought me back here post my accident so he can look after me."

"Oh. Where's Zee?"

"He went out to buy dinner for us. Would you like to join us?"

I shook my head, feeling definitely displaced. I just smiled, told him to take care, and left.

I texted Zee, but there was no reply again. I didn't say anything, but it was starting to bug me.

But who was I to say?