~1.

|| AAKRITI'S POV||

The knock on the door snapped me out of my reverie. I got to my feet and waited for someone to open it,
Within a second the door swung open revealing Namrata Didi.

"Whoa, my darling!", She looked up and down at me, saying, "You are looking so pretty!" She looked at me lovingly as I gave her a gentle smile.

We spent a few pleasant minutes staring at each other before,

"Didi?" I attempted to break the silence.

"Ye...yes," her voice trembled, and her beautiful eyes glistened, causing me to cry again.

"No no! Not now baccha! it's okay, easy! easy! She mumbled, "Take a deep breath," as she cupped my cheeks in her palm.

"I'm... not... ready!" I answered honestly.

"I understand, Baccha!But you know I trust him," she said softly, rubbing my shoulders to soothe me. I closed my eyes letting my tears fall and instantly didi wiped them off.

She fixed the tiny hairs that were falling on my forehead and tucked my dupatta over my head. She took my hand and made me walk with her.

My lehenga was too heavy to carry, and I was wearing it with all of my heavy jewelry.

We went downstairs, and Didi did everything she could to make me feel at ease in this uncomfortable situation.

We walked out of the room and reached my wedding pavilion.

Yes, you heard it right! Today is my wedding with someone whom I barely know; I only know his name. How? When? That's another story, will tell you some other day. When I came to a halt near my wedding mandap, I noticed a hand nearby, which he extended towards me. I was staring blankly until Didi kept my hand in his, breaking my trance with him.

He looked beautiful in that traditional attire; oh, sorry, he looked handsome. I raked my eyes everywhere to adjust myself to this atmosphere.
We both sat near the bonfire as the wedding rituals began. I downcast myself, not meeting anyone's eyes because I was so uneasy and anxious at the time. My mind was exploding with both unknown and known thoughts about myself. My hands started shivering, and I felt a rush of panic inside me. My thoughts of the river were interrupted when I felt a hand on my palm and lifted my gaze to meet with his. He was holding my hand and passed me assuring smile.  I don't know why whenever I looked into his eyes, they always seemed soft and assuring towards me.
I kept my gaze fixed on him as he took the nuptial chain and tied it around my neck, and a single pair of tears streamed from my eyes.
He took a pinch of vermillion and applied it to my line. He gently wiped the tear from my cheek and whispered into my ear,

"Everything will be fine and I want you to trust me",

"Why should I?" I responded instantly.

"Because I will give you every reason to trust me!" he replied in his authoritative tone, taking my hand in his,  I stood up for the holy seven rounds.
After completing the ritual, we took blessings from the elders. I am not sure what to feel; neither happy nor sad.

The entire ceremony was completed peacefully; The food was also very tasty, But everyone made us eat from one plate, I hate sharing food but I loved it when he didn't eat the sweets which eventually reserved for me, The time passed and now it is the time for my bidaai, and I am not ready for this! Is it necessary to go? I can stay here with Maa and Didi. Because I can not face Didi and Maa. First, I walked toward Didi, but she was determined not to cry, but when she hugged me, all control vanished. She is like a second mother to me, and I can not stop thanking her for everything. I am unable to proceed with my thoughts. I simply want this moment to end. We both stopped crying when my uncle approached and patted my shoulder. Yuck! This man!