~15.

Author's Pov

Aakriti entered the house with her lofty gate only to be surprised by her new surroundings, she roamed her eyes in every corner of the house with a face of confusion. The Wooden Sofa set was replaced by the cushion baggy ones, and the dining table which was Rectangular shaped changed to a round table, she was about to turn back to ask thousands of questions coming in her little head but before she could ask him, Shalini Aunty came with a glass of water for her. Aakriti smiled looking back at her when she forwarded the glass of water to her, but she got more confused when she found out the glass was not a glass but a plastic glass not exactly plastic but made up of mixed fiber.

She frowned looking at every slight change coming in front of her eyes, she took one sip from the glass and encountered her first question to Shalini Aunty,

"What's this Aunty ?", squinting her eyes in confusion she asked.

"Ask him", Only replying this to her as an answer she went inside the kitchen to do her business.

Why this sudden change what has happened? She was articulating her thoughts when she felt his presence around her she turned back, he was holding her bag in his hand which she had forgotten to carry with her. She internally slapped herself and walked towards him to take her bag from him.

She was holding her glass of water. She motioned him to hand over her bag, he nodded before taking the glass from her hand and gulping some of the sips. For a second she also forgot that she had drunk it first, she took her bag from his hand as she began with her never-ending curious questions,

"Who changed this?", was her first question.

"Me", he answered in his stern voice.

"Why?", she retorted back.

"Because I wanted to", he replied, making her frown at his answer.

"But why do you want to?", She questioned back making him Huff at her question, he kept the glass on the table, and his eyes met with her curious eyes as he continued,

"Because you did this to yourself", he held her both hands while making her sit on the chair as he looked after her injured hand.

"Matlab", looking up at his face she questioned with her continuously blinking eyes.

"Sweetheart", he huffed before continuing,

"Because they were hurting you. I mean I can't handle your clumsiness but at least I can prevent things which hurt you", he replied soft voice. She didn't say anything instead she only stared at him without a blink.

His eyes found her haze of staring as he asked,

"Go and freshen up", He insists. She nods at him before ascending the stairs.
She went to her room and after taking a quick shower without letting her wound get wet.

Wrapping herself in the long white towel she moves towards her closet when she feels a sudden pain in her lower back. She cursed under her breath and she understood why this was happening, For the last two days, she had been feeling the ache in her whole body, her toes, and even her breasts started hurting slightly. She too waiting for her monthly date. But you might find it silly that Aakriti forgets her month dates every month and she doesn't know when her monthly visitor will come.

She huffs feeling the pain in her lower abdomen as she takes out some comfy clothes from the closet. After changing into some comfortable she descended to the living area.

She directly went to the kitchen where Shalini Aunty was busy cooking, Aakriti decided to help her when she got another shock that they didn't have a single piece of glass crockery in their kitchen.