~5.

|| AUTHOR'S POV||

Aakriti and Abhivanth went downstairs to the dining area together and took their seats beside each other, Aarav and Ruhanika were staring at them with mischief, Abhivanth ignored both of them and started filling his plate when his eyes fell on Aakriti who was sitting there silently, before he could ask her anything his father her called her out,

“Aakriti what happened beta?”, she shot up her eyes towards his father and shook her head in denial, everyone was looking at her with confusion when she again shook her head and stuttered,

“I…I'm  just feeling nervous about your reaction”,

“What reaction beta?”, Supriya Aunty furrowed.

“Actually…Aunty I mean Chachi, I used to cook at home but that wasn't regular so I was a little bit nervous about all of your reactions”, she replied honestly.

A soft smile crept on everyone's face when they heard her answer, everyone looked at her with a smile,

“Bhabhi mujhe toh utna bhi nahi aata”, breaking the silence Ruhanika grinned looking at her Sister in law,

“Han, tujhe sirf khana aata hai”, Aarav mocked her while smacking her head lightly, Ruhanika whined and hit on his shoulder, even if Aarav smacked her lightly but Ruhanika hit him with all force, receiving another smack on her head from him.
Both of them were about to continue their fight when Rajesh's Uncle's voice stopped them, they both were glaring and passing curses at each other,

“Tum dono ko ek din bhi insaano jaise Raha nahi jata na?”, Abhivanth growled looking at his brother and sister which made Aakriti giggle.
Which skipped the beat of someone's heart.
They both passed an annoyed expression towards their brother.

“You both are cute”, Aakriti laughed looking at Aarav and Ruhanika.

“Just like you”, Aarav's reply was instant, a small crept on her face while Abhivanth's eyes shot up towards his brother's. Aarav shared a glance with his brother, teasing him through his eyes only to receive infinite glares from his brother.

The environment of the dining hall became comfortable for her, Aakriti's eyes were busy admiring the beautiful chaos of the family. When Abhivanth filled her plate.

“Yeh kya kar rahe hai aap?”, she noticed it and yelled with widened eyes, she looked shocked, and again all family member's eyes went towards the couple.

“What happened?” he asked with a rough voice, feeling confused.

“Mai itna nahi khane wali”, she yelled.

“It's not itna, okay! thodasa hi hai”, he replied calmly.

“It's not thodasa, it's too much.”, her voice lowered and she answered timidly.

“it’s not too much Kriti”, he tried to order her strictly but she passed a grumpy look to him.

“Don't worry KRITI, bhai will help you”, Aarav cut them off in the middle of the conversation and started teasing them again and received a heated glare from his sweet brother.

“don’t look at me like that, bhai, I know you love me”, Aarav said with a grin.

“Tu-”,

“Aaj k din tum log lunch karne wale ho ya nahi ?” before he could say anything his uncle interrupted them feeling irritated by their silly argument.

“Aarav it's getting too much, now behave”, He scolded Aarav.

Everyone started eating silently while Aakriti passed grumpy stares at her husband.
Who only smiled internally at her behavior.
Everyone had a kheer made by her and everyone was impressed, even though it wasn't that perfect one but it wasn't bad also, everyone liked it.

________

“Bhabhi take this”, Ruhanika handed her a gift-wrapped box and passed a million-dollar smile to her showing her all thirty-two teeth.

“What’s this?”, she asked with curiosity, she was about to open it when Ruhanika held her hand and told her to take a seat on the sofa, and one by one all the family members came downstairs holding something in their hands.

First, Ravi Uncle and Supriya Aunty came and handed her a pair of anklets, and then Rajesh's uncle and Shobha Aunty handed her the box of jewelry, she took it but again kept it on the table and looked at the family members timidly,

“I don't want  this”, she said looking down at her feet it wasn't a rude reply but everyone felt ting of a embarrassment when she said that,

“What? Why Aakriti what happened?”Shobha Aunty asked her with narrowed eyes.

“I'm not disrespecting you, but…aunty, I can't take this…it's…it's too expensive”, she stuttered and glanced at her husband who was already looking at her with a frown.

“Beta, it's just a small gift for you because you made a very delicious Kheer for us”, Ravi Uncle said while passing a warm smile to her.

“But…Uncle- I mean Chachu I can't…”,

“Bhabhi dekho maine kya laya hai”, before she could complete it, the living area echoed with a chiming voice of Aarav who came with bag-filled chocolate and pastries. But looking at everyone's serious faces his smile vanished and he stared at them with a confused look.

“What happened?”, he asked in a low tone.

“Tujhse mtlb ?”Ruhanika said, but Aarav ignored her. But before he could ask anything more the authoritative rough voice passed into the atmosphere Rajesh uncle said,

“Aakriti beta, it's just a small gift from us, aur  ghar ke Lakshmi k aage ye kuch bhi nahi”, the words made her feel taken aback for a second and she looked at everyone with astonishment, the words held so much affection and sincerity that she couldn't even believe her ears. The family whom she met only a few days back called her Lakshmi of their house. For sure she would have done something good if she had these kinds of people in her life. But again another uncertainty lingered in her mind, how long it will work? she looked at him only to find him already looking at her, they were those eyes who weren't ready to leave her for a second. her eyes automatically filled with fresh tears and she looked at his father feeling overwhelmed by his words.

His father and mother walked towards her and took her into a side hug while his father patted her head lovingly.

“Thank you, Uncle”, she mumbled in her teary voice looking at his father.

“Hmm…Papa bulaogi to shayad tumhara Thank you accept kar lunga”, his father spoke lovingly, and she again felt overwhelmed by his words, and she nodded and more tears escaped from her eyes, Shobha Aunty was instant to wipe her tears and cope her.

This is how the magic of the words works.
It might look like a little thing to do but that little thing could have a huge impact on someone, your simple talks or assurance can make someone feel special.
There could be a thousand reasons to feel dejected but one assurance or one affirmative statement could be enough to make you feel overwhelmed.

Everyone gave her beautiful- beautiful yet expensive gifts, but she chimed differently like a child when Aarav gave her bars of chocolates and pastries,

Everyone was waiting for Abhivanth to gift her something but she didn't receive any gift from him, everyone was curious but Aakriti wasn't, because neither did she expect a gift from him.
But who knows he has something more special for his princess.

_________________

Hello lovelies

Do you know why his family is too nice to her?
There is a big backstory behind it and it will be revealed after the 10th chapter. Abhivanth is for sure my dream wala husband 😭✋

Do vote, comment, and share 🌷