~16.

Author's Pov

Abhivanth dropped her down to the floor letting her stand on her feet. Aakriti shrieked audibly making him feel more concerned about her,

“Will you please tell me what has happened? Are you not feeling? we can visit a hospital?”, he insisted on her in a soft tone.

“No, it's okay”, she says. Before turning back and walking towards the restroom. He was trying to figure out what had happened to her when he started getting a rough idea about it, but he didn't feel right to ask her right away. Taking slow steps she went inside the washroom. By now he was pretty sure about what had happened to her. Without wasting more minutes there he went downstairs.

Aakriti changed her clothes again and her innerwear too. She was really in bad pain, her eyes teared up as she felt the ache in her lower back and abdomen. She ties her hair in a loose bun before leaving. She looked towards her bed and walked towards it. Clutching her stomach, she gasps. She tries to rest her back before she can rest. She hears the door opening which swings open in a swift motion revealing Abhivanth, Who was holding a hot water bag in his hand. He walks inside and looks at her teared-up face.

“Aakriti”, he calls her out softly with a whisper as he sits facing her.

Don't know why she tears up more, as a result, a fresh tear falls from her cheek.

“Hey don't cry”, a whisper but a voice was filled with concern and care. He cupped her face, wiping her tears off. When he gave her the hot water bag saying,

“I think it might help you. But can you please tell me what has happened? Did you hurt yourself somewhere? Is it hurting somewhere”, cupping her face, looking straight into her eyes he asks.

Her eyes were red and with a plump pout on her face. She looked into his eyes, as her body pain wasn't helping her much. She rests her head on his shoulder and wraps her hand around his arm. Leaving him in astonishment and surprise at the same time. His heart started racing as he felt baffled by her sudden proximity. He came to himself when heard her sniffs. His hand ran through the hairs from the back of her head as she pulled him close with her arm.

“Princess”, his voice softened with each passing second, he thought that she might have hurt herself somewhere and that's why her body was aching. He pulls her back to face him. When he witnessed, her tears filled her face with Puffy red cheeks.

“Aakriti, please tell me what has happened. Why are you crying ?”, lowering his eyes to meet with her he questions. She was staring at him without a blink because she was finding it difficult to share this personal thing with him.

“It's hurting”, with a muffled whisper she spoke. She clutches her stomach.

“Why? Did you hurt yourself?”,

Nooo, Maine kahi khudko hurt nahi kiya hai”, she yelped at him in an irritated voice.

“Okay, fine. Fir kya hua? Wait!”, he paused as he tried to figure out something when he suddenly blurted out,

Your stomach is hurting? Are you…are you on periods?”, he asked without thinking a second, but Aakriti surged up with awkwardness and embarrassment. She squeezed her eyes, without trying to meet with his gaze.

“Aakriti?”, he calls her in a gentle voice, and she nods her head confirming his words.

“Look at me Aakriti”, he cupped her cheek, caressing her cheek with his pad of thumb he said,

“Is it hurting too much?”, she nodded.

“Lay down”, he whispered.

Hn?”She was confused.