~14.

AAKRITI'S POV

It's been four days since my college has resumed. Things are going pretty well more than I expected. Daily he drops me to the college and he's the only one who drops me off at home. After that, he again drove back to his office. One more thing that changed is now we talk. Yes, we talk like humans! On the first day of college, I didn't expect him to come and pick me up. I thought I would go by public transport. Even though his office comes first on our route. Still, drops me first, and in the afternoon he picks me too. Every day he used to ask how my day went. I used to tell him little but since yesterday I've been sharing more than that. He listens to me without feeling annoyed. I don't know how long he will not get annoyed by me.

Today I woke up earlier than usual because I've done another vice thing to myself. My left hand got injured yesterday, don't ask me how. Sometimes I too hate myself for my clumsiness, why am I like this? My hand got injured because of my stupidity and on top of that, I almost ruined the beautiful set of glass crockery.
To be honest, more than my injury, I was genuinely scared of his reaction, and luckily at that time, he wasn't at home so he didn't see my injured bleeding hand. But when he returned from the office and saw my hand he was glaring at me like a furious bull. After seeing my hand, he scolded me and yelled at me. I didn't say anything because I knew I couldn't say anything.

He questioned Shalini Aunty too about how this happened and he was a bit rude to her. I didn't like it a bit. When I tried to address him the only thing I got was glass breaking glares. After lecturing me for a good fifteen minutes he took me to the hospital. No, not for once I tried to deny him. The doctor did the proper dressing, and we returned home, and the thing that I hated the most was that the uneducated doctor gave me a handful of medicines. Yuck!! And Now I can't even show tantrums because if I did that Pt teacher would eat me alive. Sometimes he truly behaves like my PT teacher who only knows to scold me and lecture me. Huff!

Can't he be a little gentle with me? He is, it's you who does stupid things to make him angry! My conscience mocked. He never gets angry with me without any reason, instead, he talks to me so patiently and calmly, it's me who always makes him furious.

It's been more than twenty minutes I've been trying to comb my hair but it didn't seem to happen. Argh I'm getting irritated and frustrated at the same time. I was struggling with my hair when I heard a knock on the door, I glanced at the door through the mirror and it was him. Our eyes locked and I gestured to him to come inside. I greeted him good morning and he wished me back. Wait! Doesn't he have an office today? Why is he in his casuals?

“How's your hand?” he inquired roughly.

“It's better than yesterday.”, I uttered in a low voice.

“Hmm…I'm waiting downstairs”, he said. He was about to go but I stopped him,

“Wait!”, he turned and passed me with a questioning gaze.

“What happened?”, he questioned and took one step towards me.

“Actually, Can you help me to tie my hair?”, I request, his cold eyes met mine,

“I don't know how to do it”, he replied to me.

“Han, Chillana aur datna hi aata hai”, I thought I muttered under my breath which wasn't audible to him as I rolled my eyes but my eyes bulged out when he said,

“Aisi harkatein karti kyu ho jise me mai chilau tumhe”, I closed my eyes feeling embarrassed when he took the comb from my hand and made me turn. I looked at him through the mirror as he started stroking my hair with a comb. His hands moved gently on my hair as he started making a braid of my hair. His focus was on my braid and Mine was on him. He's cute. A shy smile plastered on my face, it felt something in my stomach, something fluttery, jittery.