The Rumours Are True

"A movie with Harry Styles," mused Louis as he poured himself a glass of whiskey. "Never expected that would happen."

"I know," Niall grinned from where he was sitting on Louis' couch. His legs were crossed, his arms spread over the back. "I better get a thank you."

"You get a thank you once I figure out the movie is becoming a hit," Louis said. He sipped his whiskey and placed the glass down on the kitchen counter. "Do you want a glass?"

"I don't see why not," Niall said. "This is surely something to celebrate."

"I agree." Louis went to his cabinet and took out another glass. He swiftly poured Niall a glass, poured a bit more in his own, and then carried the two glasses over to the living room part of the room.

His living room, dining room, and kitchen were built together. The walls were strikingly white, his floors built in oak. He had little to decorate the space, but he liked it as it was.

"Thank you," Niall said and took the whiskey. Louis sat down next to Niall.

"How did you even manage to get me this job? It's Paramount. I've never done a movie with them before."

"I know," Niall said, "but you did great at the audition. More than great. Your American accent has become so much better. They were thrilled to have you. Also, your chemistry on camera with Harry was amazing."

Louis had briefly met the other actor the week prior when they had been to audition together to see if they worked together on screen. They had barely talked, but it looked promising in Louis' eyes.

Louis smiled down at his glass. "Why, thank you, Horan."

"You only have yourself to thank," Niall said and lifted his glass. "Cheers."

"Cheers," Louis said and took a sip. He wet his lips. "Still, Harry Styles. That's a big name. How old is he again?"

"Twenty-four."

Louis whistled. "Didn't his first movie come out, like, three years ago?"

"Four, but yes. The Onlooker. Great movie," Niall said.

Louis scrunched his nose at his drink. "Can't believe he has been in the movie world for four years and he's much more famous than me."

Niall baffled a laugh. "God, Louis, your need to be the best is so funny sometimes. He might be younger than you, but God, he's talented. Hollywood loves him. Have you ever seen any of his movies?"

Louis shook his head. "No, I haven't, actually. And I don't wanna be the best all the time, I'm just saying I have more experience, yet I don't even get recognised in the street ever."

"That's a lie. You had two teenage girls all giggling yesterday."

"Let me be dramatic, it's my job."

"Well—"

"Drink your whiskey, Horan."

Niall cackled but did as told. "If it helps, I think this movie will really get you in with some of the really big guys. You're already with Paramount now, who knows what will be next, Universal? Marvel?"

"I'm not made for action."

"Yeah, 'cause you're a total sucker for romance," Niall snorted.

"I can fake it for the camera," Louis said. "But action, not my field."

"Anyway," Niall said and took another sip of his whiskey. "I'm sick of talking about work. I might be your agent during the day, but right now I wanna be your friend. How's your family?"