Consequences

Louis woke with a pounding headache and in sheets that smelled familiar but unlike his own. He slowly opened his eyes and got blinded by the sun that shone through the window.

"Ouch." He held his palm to his head, groaning.

Where the heck was he?

He slowly rolled onto his stomach and took in the surroundings again. He was in a bedroom. The walls were painted sky blue and there was a floor-to-ceiling window to the left of the bed he lay on. It was queen-sized and finally, Louis could identify the smell that lingered in the sheets and the whole room—

Harry.

Louis sat up abruptly, his head groaning in protest. He didn't remember much from the night prior. Zayn. Liam. Harry. Matteo. Yelling at Harry and getting in a cab with him.

Frantically, Louis checked the sheets and himself. He was still wearing the outfit he had worn the day prior and the sheets were clean.

"We didn't fuck if that's what you're worried about."

Louis looked up, startled, at the door that was by the windows. Harry was standing in the frame, a glass of water in his right hand and his left clasped around a small box of aspirin.

"How the fuck did I get here?" Louis asked.

Harry smiled amusedly and stepped further into the room. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a loose-fitting T-shirt. "Well, it started when I finally got you into the cab I had called for us. You made a proper show for the paps." Harry rolled his eyes. "Thanks for that. I can't imagine the things they'll write now. Anyway, you refused to give me your address out of pure spite and then just... fell asleep. You're frustrating when you're high. So I took you home."

Louis looked around the room. "Is this your bedroom?"

"Yeah," Harry said. "Only have one bed, and I figured you'd just roll off my couch during the night if you slept on it. Don't worry, the sheets are clean. I changed them last morning." He spoke rushed.

Louis tightened his jaw. "Thank you."

Harry walked over to the bed and handed Louis the glass of water and pills. "Take two and then get the heck out of here. I don't want my Saturday wasted."

"It's not my fault you didn't just leave me at the party," Louis said and popped two pills in his mouth. He swallowed them with help from the water.

"It's not my fault I was raised better than that," Harry said.

"Yeah, I pity your parents for putting up with you," Louis said.

Harry fisted his knuckles. "Get out. Now. I don't wanna look at you anymore."

"Don't need to tell me twice," Louis muttered and swung his legs over the edge of the bed. He swayed slightly as he stood up. "Goodbye, John." He waved as he staggered toward the door.

"Bye, Alexander," Harry said as Louis left the room. "Fucking bitch."

"I heard that!"

* * *

Louis hadn't expected he would see more of Harry that Saturday after he had made his way home. Turned out he was wrong. Only two hours later, he got called up by a very agitated-sounding Henry.

"Get to Paramount's office. Now."

"Ah shit," Louis muttered as they had hung up. He was standing in his living room wearing nothing but a hoodie and boxer shorts, a mug of tea in his hands. He still felt like utter crap.