Damn You

Harry was so weird.

Louis could not for the life of him figure the other man out. One second he was the biggest arsehole Louis had ever met, and the next they were standing close in an empty studio, practising, and then he winked at Louis.

It had made Louis' insides churn with acid.

Louis could not stand him.

But he still tried to listen to his advice and as the days passed by leading up to Friday, Louis actually felt as if his acting was improving.

Harry noticed so, too, apparently, because he kept looking at Louis with an I-told-you-so glare.

Louis hated him.

And he hated that the whole world was under the impression they were dating.

On Wednesday, they had their second pap walk, this time strolling down Hollywood's Walk of Fame street.

"I have a star here," Harry said

Louis rolled his eyes. "Of course you do."

Finally, Friday rolled around and Louis was just about to leave after work when Zayn asked if he wanted to meet up at a club later.

Louis pondered over it. "Can I bring my agent, Niall?"

"Sure," Zayn said. "Liam's also coming."

"Sounds fun," Louis said. "Count me in. Just send me the address and I'll be there by eight."

Louis drove home. It was no more than three p.m.. He took his phone out of his pocket and dialled Niall's number as he walked up to his front door.

"Hello, you're speaking to the hottest man on the planet," said Niall as he answered the phone. "What may I help you with?"

"First of all, the hottest man on the planet is me," Louis said as he unlocked his front door. "Secondly, do you wanna come out clubbing with me and Zayn tonight? Liam's coming, too. You know, the intimacy coordinator."

"Can I bring Amelia?"

"I don't see a problem with that. You can come by mine at seven. We can go there together." Louis entered the house and shrugged off his jacket while holding his phone between his shoulder and ear.

"Deal."

After they hung up, Louis ventured into his living room and dramatically threw himself on the couch. He groaned and hid his face in his pillow.

Sometimes, living in a building so large all by yourself, got very lonely. The emptiness of the place crawled under Louis' skin and he thought back to a time when he had shared the place with someone else.

'I suppose it made me feel whole.'

Louis had always been a sceptic regarding love. He had never had good examples of it when growing up and, by now, he had come to realise that maybe love just wasn't a Louis thing.

But God, when he saw how blushy Zayn got whenever he talked about Liam, or when Amelia and Niall shared small, secret touches, Louis couldn't help but long. He didn't exactly want it, it wasn't a physical need, but the longing in his chest for someone to share everything with was an ever-present feeling he tended to ignore.

Thinking back, Louis could easily see that Jacob hadn't been a good fit for him, but he was blinded by what he thought was love. Now he had just given up.

He wondered who Harry had been in love with. There had to be someone after what he had told Louis on Monday.

'Whenever I act in a sad scene I try to match the emotions I felt at my lowest, whenever I try to act in love, I just try and match my acting to how I was at the time.'