Rain Check

October was one of Louis' favourite months and since moving to America it had only been so more since Americans were so crazy about Halloween. They all dressed up in scary—or sexy—costumes, their houses as well, and drank till they blacked out. That at least, was Louis' experience.

Weeks passed. Louis and Harry barely spoke unless they were shooting a scene. Louis could barely stand to touch him, the sudden glare of the memory of their time in the bathroom surfacing in his mind.

On October sixteenth, he went on Jimmy Fallon.

On October twentieth he went drinking with Anna, Niall, and Amelia.

Life was good. Life was great.

He hadn't been on any new pap-walks with Harry. They hadn't been asked to and Louis would be crazy to do it voluntarily.

That was until Henry asked them to go shopping for Halloween costumes together.

Louis missed simpler times.

"You want us to what?" Louis said as they sat in Henry's office.

"Yes," Henry said, nodding. "Go buy a couple's costumes."

"Couples costumes?" Harry said. "You've got to be shitting my dick."

"Do I really have to?" Louis said. The thought of spending time alone with Harry made his head spin. Since the incident, he had made sure to always have other people around him at all times. "I can't stand being near him."

"Oh but, darling," Harry drawled, "then why do I remember having your hands all over me?"

Your throat, Louis wanted to say, just your throat.

"Stop making up bullshit for the drama," Louis said with an eye roll.

Henry looked between them. "This isn't up to discussion. The people love this new Kendis couple. They talk about it everywhere and therefore they talk about the movie. We've gotta keep it going."

"But, Henry, at what cost?"

"Louis, shut your dramatic arse! You're gonna do it. Now, none of you have more to do today. Take your car to the nearest costume shop, I'll send a car to follow for people to take photos, and then you better act all cheesy and try on countless of costumes. Clear?"

"Clear," Harry mumbled with an eye roll.

"Also, a second thing when speaking of Halloween," Henry said. "Paramount is hosting a large as fuck party at Travis's penthouse on the thirty-first. We hope to see you there. And please don't kill each other."

"Can't promise," Louis said.

Harry smirked. "Awh, how cute."

"Shut your mouth, Styles. No one likes to listen to you."

* * *

The walk to the parking lot was silent, but Louis could still hear the blood roar in his ears. He was going to be alone with the other man. The thought made all kinds of wrong tingles course through his body.

'Act on it.'

No, Niall, he couldn't.

Shouldn't.

Should he?

Every fibre in his body burned with the need, but his brain kept saying it was a bad idea. Which it was, it was Harry, after all, nothing with Harry was good.

But—

"Your car is dirty," Harry noted as they stopped by Louis' car. "Too little spare time to clean it?"