Like a Rom-com

Louis stayed in England for a week before he travelled back home to LA. His sisters had been thrilled to have him there and Louis found that he quite enjoyed the company of his mother's new boyfriend whom she had been with since New Year's.

But at last, he got on a plane and flew home to his responsibilities. Home to the broken heart of the man he loved. He just hoped he could fix it.

He landed at the airport at five p.m. on March 10th and was greeted by Niall and Amelia.

"Good to see you again, Lou," Niall grinned and pulled Louis in for a hug.

"You too. Sorry, I was a bitch last time we spoke."

"It's okay." Niall patted his shoulder and leaned away. "It's been some rough days."

"Yeah, but I'm gonna make it better," Louis said. "Do you guys wanna help me? I have a plan."

"Of course," Amelia said. "Anything for you, Louis."

* * *

It had taken Louis a while to come up with the idea. He needed to do something worthy of a rom-com, as his mother had put it. Louis should be a master at this, he had after all starred in many movies of that sort by now, but still, it took a while.

In the end, he settled that they needed to redo their failed night at the Hollywood sign, and he needed the help from majority of his friends. First, he sought Liam. He needed to know if there was even a chance that Harry would be willing to take him back.

Liam looked at him angrily when Louis came knocking on his door.

"What do you want, Tomlinson?" His words were harsh, cutting through the crisp March air.

"I take it Harry has had a rant?" Louis said, scratching the back of his neck.

"Rightfully so." Liam crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway. The anger on his face turned into disappointment. "How could you say something like that to him? He's Harry."

"I know," Louis said, softly, "and I regret it so much. I wasn't thinking, it was fear that was talking, and I'm so, so sorry."

"I'm not the person who needs an apology, Louis," Liam said. "And you know it."

"Of course I bloody do!" Louis said. He exhaled. "Can I come in?"

"You're lucky I just made tea." Liam stepped back and Louis followed him back into the house.

He hadn't been there since Harry's birthday party and then it had been decorated in such ways it was unrecognisable. Now, it was back to its ordinary look. White walls, family portraits, paintings, books...

Louis followed Liam into the kitchen where Liam poured two cups of tea.

"How do you take it?"

Louis told him and minutes later, they sat down at Liam's dining table.

Louis steered his teaspoon around in his teacup. "Is he really bad?"

Liam ground his teeth. "You hurt him. Badly."

"But..." Louis didn't know what to say.

"Listen, Louis, as I've understood it, Harry was under the idea that you love him, so he put himself out there, even though you aren't in a relationship, even though none of you had said you wanted one, and yet he was ready to tell you, and then you go tell him you think he'll be worse than your ex who cheated on you."

Louis' shoulders slumped. "I know."

"How would you feel?"

"I didn't mean it!" Louis said. "It... It wasn't me, or it was, but it was pure fear talking! I know Harry isn't like that."