Feel it

'Harry Styles donates to LGBTQ+ funds'

'Harry Styles talks about his upcoming movie'

'Harry Styles visits cancer children at hospitals'

There was so much, yet nothing at all. Louis read through loads of articles, saw countless interviews, but not once did Harry truly ever speak of himself. Whenever someone asked him something remotely personal, Harry would just smile charmingly or direct the conversation elsewhere.

Louis learned nothing but the fact that the world loved the man he hated with everything in him.

He shut his laptop and went to bed.

* * *

The following morning, Louis woke to a text from an unknown number.

Unknown Number
09/24 4.33 a.m.
*attached link*
Articles are already out about our relationship
Btw, this is your boyfriend
Harry
Styles
Doy

Louis raised his eyebrows at the texts. He didn't bother to answer immediately and instead pressed on the attached link. It led him to an article stating that 'Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson share cheek kisses and sweet-whispered words on Saturday in LA after their minor feud. It looks like the fight got the two to bond more than get split apart. Get ready, Hollywood, love's in the air.'

Louis skimmed over the rest of the text and looked at some of the pictures attached as well. There were some of him and Harry at the crossroad and inside the café as well.

No matter how many years passed, Louis would never get used to the feeling of people photographing him without his knowledge.

Louis read over Harry's text once again. He furrowed his eyebrows and replied.

You
09/24 9.02 a.m.
Whatcha doing up at thirty past four in the morning, butt face?

He didn't get a reply, so he stood up and stretched his limbs. He felt like going for a swim—this time without being affected by any substances.

* * *

Louis had a pool on the right side of his house right by the gates that led onto his property. Only very few people could get inside the gates. His family and Niall. So, therefore, when the gates opened and a large, black Range Rover drove into Louis' driveway, Louis knew that Niall had popped by for a visit.

He swam over the edge of the pool and rested his arms on the edge as Niall stepped out of his car.

Niall grinned at him. "Aren't I looking at Harry Styles's new boyfriend?" He was wearing cargo shorts and a white T-shirt paired with a pair of black sunglasses.

Louis rolled his eyes and pulled himself up onto the edge. "No," he replied shortly.

Niall kicked off his shoes and socks and sat down next to Louis, dipping his feet in the water. "I came by to check on how you're feeling, mate. So, how're you feeling?"

"Great," Louis said. "I now know Harry Styles's skin tastes faintly of vanilla. I hate life."

Niall patted his bare back. "No, you don't. Also, you're wet."

"I could have told you that, you imbecile."

Niall grinned. "That's me. But really, how do you feel about all this? After we hung up I couldn't help but think that there are also gonna be articles mentioning... you know, Jacob."