19. Trusted skin 🫂

"This wasn't...overstepping...right ?" Porchay asked, still under the same sky, on the same balcony when Kim freed him from his hug. Kim stared at him, he stared at his worried expression and at his serious emotions. He was deeply asking and being attentive. It reassured Kim a lot, it just put some bandage on his shivers. It just reminded him that this touch wasn't an attack, it was full of good intention, of love even if it still wasn't said.

"It wasn't." Kim smiled tenderly and he hugged Porchay again. He was sure about this now, it wasn't, it wasn't, everything was alright, it wasn't.

"When will you tell everyone?" They heard, not moving from each other, just seeing Kinn looking suspiciously at them. Kim sighed, he kissed Porchay's forehead making his brother smile and walked away.

"Can we...talk..."

"Absolutely" Kinn answered, following him in his own room.

Kim had no idea what to really say but he had one thing, only one thing to ask and when his brother closed his door, it just came out naturally : "Please, keep it a secret for now."

"Give me one good reason to lie to the love of my life."

"It's between Chay and me...it's already so hard...we don't want to have a surrounding talking about us, or even trying to know things...I want it to be as peaceful as possible..." Kim said with pleading eyes, he just wanted his brother to acknowledge his needs for his own mental health before the well-being of Porsche. It wouldn't do anything to him to not know, but it would surely bring difficulties to them to be exposed. "Phi..." Kim added, the silence being too loud.

Kinn got an embarrassed face before walking to him and hugging him. Kim understood now the expression and he might have the same but he couldn't stop his hands to grab his older brother's shirt. It felt really weird but not bad, it felt familiar like the time their father died, and new at the same time. Kim wasn't rejecting this, not at all, he wasn't running away from his brothers pampering him, it was rare from Kinn this type of affection and it might have had a really good effect on the boy who just was delighted by this embrace.

"I won't say anything... and I am just proud of you, so proud." Kinn whispered, caressing his hair and he liked it, how much Kim loved to be praised like this. The hardest the step, the stronger those words were comforting him. It was the first time that it was coming from someone other than Porchay and it felt good, so good, and it felt so refreshing. If they were still embarrassed after letting go, they also remembered that their brother's care and shown care wasn't that bad.

"So...he won't say anything?"

"He won't." Kim answered Porchay, both sitting in Kim's bed. It was often like this, Porchay coming here, either sleeping or not into Kim's embrace or Kim into his embrace, like a habit. It was so usual and so comforting to have the same ritual and to have someone to hug you at night, at the moment Kim could have his worst nightmares. Though he wasn't just putting on Porchay any responsibilities, on the contrary he was even more careful to stay in the line of what he had decided : Porchay was his soon to be lover, his support, his happiness, but not his savior, not in the usual way of saying it. He had saved him in a way, he was an angel who answered the demon's call, the challenge to bring him around heaven, but it shouldn't be in the equation of their love.

It worked well, so well but something else wasn't working now. Kim never ever had thoughts about getting physical with Porchay because all he had was his arms to sleep in. It was enough, it was already so much and it had not any amount of any other contact. They mostly kissed, they mostly kissed and it really opened another door Kim didn't see coming. He wasn't feeling bad, he didn't know how to react and this was clear.