chapter 9

it had been ten years and Lucinda was now fifteen she was no longer a little kid Lucinda's hair was now longer and down to her knees, as she still wears her moon barrette and wears accessories that still match the smiling critters she wears a charm necklace that has charms of everyone's pendants. the critters, Poppy and Kissy were still by her side and Lucinda was standing out on her balcony while looking down at hell knowing soon her sixteenth birthday would happen.
Catnap: hey Lucinda.
Lucinda: oh hey Catnap how are the others doing since you know what happened with that crazed mission?
Catnap: they're alright but Emily is wondering where your at. Lucinda went to her old play room that she turned into her own hang out with Loona and Via, then Lucinda took the crystal ball and sat down on the bean bag she has in her game room.
Lucinda: hi Emily.
Emily: hi Lucinda wow you've got big your not so little anymore. how old are you now?
Lucinda: i'm fifteen Emily and i really wanted to go see my friends in Imp City but Charlie is worrying about nothing, i'm not so little anymore i'm almost sixteen.
Emily: i know but Sera also worries about me sometimes so i know how you feel, just try to relax and have a wonderful sweet sixteen.
Lucinda: thanks Emily i gotta go bye. once Lucinda was done talking with Emily she picked up a sleeping Hoppy and took her too her room Lucinda gently set her sleeping bunny friend on the bed and went downstairs.
Angel: i'm heading out i gotta go get something's for the party.
Lucinda: what party?
Charlie: oh just to celebrate the anniversary of the hotel.
Lucinda: yeah sure listen Catnap and i are going for a walk don't wait up on us and, yes Vaggie i have my dagger just like you taught me. Lucinda grabbed her jacket and went for a walk and looked up at the sky wondering if she was ready to help Blitz and the others since she's almost sixteen.

Catnap: what's wrong Lucinda?
Lucinda: it's nothing Catnap it's just ever since Adam's defeat and me getting taken by Lute, i'm not a little kid anymore my powers are stronger now. and i  just can't take it anymore and i don't even want a party for my sixteenth birthday let's face it, i just can't stand staying in the hotel anymore. Lucinda walked back and went straight over to the couch as she sat down and felt Dogday climb up while Hoppy jumped up.
Dogday: what's wrong Lucinda?
Lucinda: (sigh) nothing Dogday.
Husk: i know that's bullshit I've known you a long time kid you've grown for ten years and now your about to be sixteen. now tell me what's bothering you?
Lucinda: nothing Husk it's just i don't want to celebrate my birthday not since what happened when i was fourteen, i just want to be left alone if Charlie asks where i am she's knows where to find me. Lucinda picked up Hoppy and Dogday then went up to her gaming room so she could be alone.
Vaggie: hey did Lucinda just get back?
Husk: she did and wants to be left alone you know how teenagers are.
Vaggie: yeah i guess but Lucinda shouldn't have to hide anything from us i swore never to keep anything from her and Charlie again, maybe Poppy can talk to her or Via can. but Loona was a teen herself so maybe i can ask her.

*in Lucinda's game room*

Lucinda was looking out the window and she was texting Via then heard a knock on the door.
Charlie: Lucinda you in here?
Lucinda: go away Charlie i wanna be left alone. Charlie walked in and saw Lucinda sitting on her bench near the window as she walked over and sat down next to Lucinda.
Charlie: alright tell me what's wrong?
Lucinda: it's nothing Charlie i just don't wanna celebrate my sixteenth birthday i wanna be left alone on my birthday.
Charlie: well i will think about it for now come on let's go have some dinner with everyone. Lucinda walked out of the room with Charlie and sat down a the table.

*in the dining room*

everyone was having dinner but Lucinda was just picking at her food and Angel noticed.
Angel: uh Lucy you alright?
Lucinda: huh? yeah just not hungry right now.
Alastor: my dear i know how much you love jambalya especially this one.
Lucinda: i know just not really hungry give it to Catnap and the others i'm sure they'd be happy to eat it.
Vaggie: alright Lucinda tell us what's going on with you your never like this.
Lucinda: fine you wanna know what's going I'll tell you i'm sick of being treated like a little kid i'm almost sixteen i would like to be treated as, a grown up but no you all still treat like i'm seven! i can't take it anymore i'm going to be driven to insanity if you all don't give me space and stop smothering me with attention!
Charlie: Lucinda i'm trying to keep you safe.
Lucinda: safe from what all of hell well guess what you didn't know that Lute was in the hotel and captured me, nor did you come help me when Striker and Crimson held me captive Catnap saved me more than you all did!
Vaggie: you think we didn't try and save your all we have Lucinda and my little sister and Charlie wanted nothing more than to bring you home safe. we didn't want to loose you.
Lucinda: too late i'm going to my room i lost my appetite. Lucinda went up to her room and slammed the door which made everyone winch.
Angel: oh fuck we tried everything to keep Lucinda safe now she's pissed at us.
Alastor: give her time she'll come around but just in case Charlie call your parents.
Charlie: right. what they didn't know was Lucinda had ran away she grabbed her backpack along with her spell book and ran off to the human world Lucinda was so upset with everyone, Charlie went up to Lucinda's room and knocked on the door.
Charlie: Lucinda look i'm sorry for everything can we talk please. Charlie went into Lucinda's room and saw that she wasn't there only the smiling critters Charlie search Lucinda's gaming room and didn't see her there either.

Charlie: guys i can't find Lucinda i searched all over the hotel.
Vaggie: what she's could've used her spell book and went to Stolas or maybe Lucinda is with Blitz and the others. Vaggie called them up while Angel called Molly and asked if she's seen Lucinda but neither Molly, Blitz or Stolas had seen her not even Lilith and Lucifer.
Vaggie: Lucinda's no where to be found i highly doubt she's in hell!
Charlie: oh this is not good she could be on earth oh Blitz and the others should go and find her Stolas as well, i am so worried about her i feel this is all my fault.
Vaggie: no it's not look Angel go help them find Lucinda take Dogday with you, he can track her and Catnap must've snuck in her backpack.
Angel: right. Angel grabbed Dogday and went to Imp City as he met up with the others.

*on earth*

a figure was seen walking in town and it revealed to be Lucinda she was walking around disguised as a human then heard two people talking.
Agent 2: excuse me miss have you seen any demons wondering around?
Lucinda: no sorry i gotta go and what demons? honestly i'm starting to think their more trouble and a pain in my ass. Lucinda walked away and heard noise coming from her backpack Lucinda stopped in an alley and opened up her backpack only to ssee it was Catnap.
Lucinda: what the hell do you think your doing?
Catnap: someone had to help keep you safe I've been by your side since you were a kid and i am not leaving your side. Lucinda smiled and took Catnap out of her bag then hugged him close and went to walk away but felt something hit her neck and Lucinda hit the ground.
Agent 1: we got her now we can get some answers.

*in the Dorks HQ*

Lucinda woke up and saw that she was tied up and found her backpack next to the door.
Agent 1: finally awake huh?
Lucinda: look i told you i know nothing about demons i'm just a fifteen year old girl, what do you want from me?
Agent 2: we know your not human so cut the act your eyes give it away. Lucinda gasped and lost the disguise as she glared at them.
Lucinda: you don't know who you've captured the names Lucinda Morningstar Lucifer's daughter but i think it's time you met my cat, (whistles) Catnap time to hunt my fierce feiline. you two should run he lives for the hunt.
Catnap: right (turns big) now i suggest you let her go or else i will kill you.
Agent 1: we're not afraid of a cat.
Lucinda: he's no normal cat sick'em Catnap! Catnap turned to his hostile form and killed the two agents then cut the ropes that held Lucinda, and Catnap turned small so he could be carried.
Lucinda: well done my vicious kitty. Catnap was purring as Lucinda scratched under his chin and used her powers to destroy the cameras and left the building.
Catnap: that felt good to get all that out of my system.
Lucinda: oh i bet but i bet your friend Boxy Boo and Huggy would've agreed wish i could've met Mommy Long Leg's she sounds very motherly.
Catnap: she was but now she's dead. Lucinda sat down in a park and sat down under a tree and she heard voices only to see that she was near a camp.