That's How I Show I Care. - R.A

ABOUT: Y/N helps Robin's wounds after a fight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shit." 

Robin trudged solemnly into the smelly bathroom angry as usual. He had just gotten into another fight with Moose since he was talking shit about his friend. One friend in particular, you. He was spouting all sorts of names under the sun for you from what Robin like to call his, "Shithole." You and Robin had been close since the day you stepped foot on the campus. Sure, you were tough and could hit hard, but those bullies were stronger and could hit harder. Prime example of that was Robin. Second toughest kid in school (besides Vance) but when he was kidnapped by The Grabber, that spot was suddenly up for grabs. Robin stood up to the dirty mirror, taking a long look at himself, "That fucker gave me a black eye. I can't believe it." He muttered under his breathe. Although Moose had given him a pretty new black eye he'd be sure his uncle would be pleased to see, Robin gave him a nice little present as well. Two front teeth knocked from his mouth, a bloody nose, and a black eye to match his.

He stared at his reflection for what felt like hours, wondering how it had all come to this. One minute he had run up on him for the things he said and then the next..., "Hey Robin, I saw you come in he-" Your words snapped him back to reality, "Oh, hey Y/N." The worried look on your face made his stomach feel like it was doing backflip after backflip, going in circles, "What the hell happened to you?" You slowly stepped into the restroom, the door automatically clicked shut behind you, "Just another stupid fight with Moose is all," He stated, "No need to worry." You shot him a disapproving look, "Oh really, just a fight? For crying out loud Robin you have a black eye! What's stupid about that?" He never took his eye fully off the mirror. He was able to see you through his peripheral vision.

"I get your concern but I'm fine, Y/N." He touched the lining of his dark purple wound. You leaned against the now fully closed door, checking out your best friend up and down, "You don't look fine." You countered, "Well I am." He answered dryly, "And if you cared you would leave me alone to take care of this myself." You stepped closer towards him, "Why in the world would I do that?" You asked, "Because you care like I said?" He asked back, "Wrong answer." This finally made him turn towards you for the first time since you had walked in, "What do you mean 'Wrong answer'?" He put air quotes around it, "I do care," You said, "And that's exactly why I'm not leaving." Your sweet smile contrasted tremendously against his frown.

You quickly grabbed a paper towel before he had any more time to complain, "What are you going to do with that?" He asked, following your movements, "This should help for now since I don't have any ice on me." You gently pulled him into you with hand and cupped his face with your remaining free hand, "Doesn't that feel better? " You dabbed the wet towel against his eye a few more times before taking it away and moving his face around. You found a small cut bleeding along his cheek, so you decided to clean that up too. "The only reason I got into the fight was because Moose was talking shit." He said to break the silence, "About Finney again?" You wouldn't have bat an eye if he did it for he. In fact, he did it all the time, "Nah, it was about you."

"About me? What about me? You asked, "You don't wanna know." He said quickly. He had been through so much at that point that you didn't feel like the answer would do any of you two good, "Ok I won't." You said, "But I do want to know why you always get into fight for Finney and me. I do get Finney, but why me? You know I could take care of Moose if I wanted." You continued to dab on the cold towel, "What did you want me to do? Sit back and listen to him disrespect you?" He inquired, "I'm not asking what I wanted you to do, I'm asking why you do what you do."

He pondered on the question. Why did he take up all these fights for people? "That's how I show I care." was all he could come up with.

4 AM WRITING IS BACK BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY