Chapter 1: Beaten Brused and Broken

Clarke brought her hands in front of her body, trying to prevent the lash of her drunken father. She watched as her father pulled his hand back a smacked her across her face. She tried to run, but Clarke couldn't escape, her father grabbed her wrists, and started yelling:

"I give you food and shelter, and you give me disrespect in return!" Jake Griffin pulled back his hand, again.

"Dad, please don't -" Jake hit Clarke's shoulder. "Stop! Dad, please." Clarke cried.

Jake kicked Clarke's knee, causing her to collapse onto the kitchen floor. She tried to stand up, but her father knocked her back down. Jake stepped into her back, causing Clarke to face plant into the ground. Clarke turned onto her back, and tried to push her father away from her, but that only made him angrier. Jake kicked Clarke side, as she cried in pain. Clarke felt tears come to her eyes as her father continued to beat her.

"Aahh." Clarke screeched in agony.

"Don't ever disrespect me! You understand!?"

"I'm sorry." Clarke told him, meekly.

"Sorry doesn't change things." Jake told her, and then resumed to attack her.

Jake kicked his daughter, once more. His foot hitting her nose, causing it to bleed. Before Jake could do anymore harm, Clarke grabbed onto his leg, holding tight for dear life.

Jake tried to shake her off, but only ended up falling. Here was Clarke's chance. Clarke pushed herself up off the ground, a small bit of blood smeared onto the kitchen tile.

Clarke broke into a speedy run and reached the living room, were the front door was. Clarke arrived at the door, and quickly snatched her small brown, leather bag that she had placed by the door. In it contained, a change of clothes, her phone, and Clarke's wallet that only had thirty-two dollars in it. Clarke reached for the door knob, and swung the front door open, she didn't even look back as she began to run as fast as she possibly could out of her home.
_______

Bellamy sighed as he boarded the bus. He hated the way of transportation, but mostly hated expense. Why did it cost so much to ride a beaten up, old bus to get a few miles away?

The bus was absolutely disgusting. Gum stuck at the bottom of the seats, trash just left in the isles, and then there was the pole. Right when you were walking up the stairs to get into the bus, there was a metal pole, right at the entrance. If it was your first time in the bus, you would just walk strait into it.

Bellamy hands the old man, who was the bus driver car, ten bucks.

Bellamy, then, sits down on the cleanest seat he could find, which wasn't really even that clean.

He looked down at his right hip, just to make sure the pistol he had wasn't visible. Much to his relief, it wasn't.

Bellamy Blake wasn't authorized to have a gun, in fact he was wanted by the police for certain acts he had used that weapon for. He was reckless, he stole things, threatened people for money, and always had to be on the run because of it. He hated the life he had, but that was just the life he was born into, and unfortunately he can change that.

Actually, Bellamy was on the run right now. He was going to ride the bus as far as it would take him, and then he was going to ride another, and another, and maybe even one more. He was never sure where he was headed next, but he knew where ever it was, he would get what he needed, and then he would leave. Bellamy never was able to stay in the same location for long. He was always hiding, running, and never did he feel safe in any location.
_________

Clarke wasn't sure exactly were to go. She only knew of a few options. Number one being to stay at a hotel, but she only had thirty-two dollars and that wouldn't even get her a night in one. Number two was to go into a shop that was opened 24/7 like a Starbucks or something else and spend the night there. But, she knew that wasn't very realistic. Then, there was number three, which was the best option, the plan would be to ride a bus and just find out what to do when ever she got off.