Chapter 28: lips love and life (part 2)

As soon as Clarke asked Bellamy if he loved her, he looked away. "I-I said; if I love you." Bellamy told her, it wasn't meant to come out in a rude way, but it come out sounding rather harsh.

Clarke nodded slowly, it wasn't like his words hurt her feelings. She had barely know whom for about three weeks, maybe less. She hardest even know him, but yet she still cared about him, and he cared about her.

"But...the question is, how far away is if?" Bellamy muttered, causing Clarke to look up nesting his gaze once again. "Clarke, listen, I don't want to hurt you. I feel like I can't keep you safe if in left all defenseless and weak." He took a long pause, pondering the words that where about to escape his lips. "Love is weakness, and the sooner that you learn and are able to accept the fact, you will be so safer, emotionally."

Clarke closed her eyes trying to hide her face as it flashed a look of both hurt and shock. "Love isn't weakness, Bellamy." She told him, her voice coming out gentle and yet very forceful and controlling.

"Love? It's...it's," Bellamy took a short paused, gathering the right words to day. "Love is just a big exposition of hurt, tears, and-and brokenness just waiting to happen. It's like a bomb, counting down, some take years to go off and some only take minutes, and you never know how long it will take. The worst part is, that once it goes off it just eliminates everything in it's path."

"That may be true," Clarke spoke up and the words caught his attention. He had expected her to disagree and tell him that loving wouldn't hurt him. "but love isn't weakness and it's not anything like a bomb, Bellamy...Love, it's strength."

Bellamy shook his head. "Yo-"

"Let me finish."

Bellamy fell silent and nodded, waiting for her to continue.

Clarke took a short pause to father her thoughts. "As I was saying love is strength. You have the bravery to love, you have to be tough enough to know and accept the fact that love may end with you getting hurt. Love is...trust. You have to trust that the person you clam to love won't hurt you. Love is happiness, joy, and-and sometimes it feels like a fantasy or a movie. So, Yeah, sure, part of your statement is right because love doesn't always have a happy ending. But, you can have a good, happy, true love. You just have to be strong enough to." Clarke continued. "And, Bellamy, you're strong."

Bellamy looked down at Clarke, wanting nothing more then to kiss her again, tell
her that she was right, tell her that he loved her, but he couldn't allow himself to do that.

"I'm sorry, Clarke, I guess that I'm just not strong enough to love." Bellamy admitted.

It was true. He was strong...physically, but emotionally he was a reck, a huge broken disaster that desperately needed fixing.

Clarke shook her head, she was beginning to shut down. Whenever Clarke would 'shut down' she would refuse to talk about whatever it was that was bothering her, and she was pretend like nothing was wrong even though it was clear something was wrong.

Clarke no longer had any interest in talking about the whole subject of live. All she wanted was the answer, and she imagined it would be a simple yes or no answer.

"You could've just said no." Clarke told him, sighing, as she began to find the ground rather interesting. She kept tapping her feet on the floor, just staring down.

"But, I-I can't." Bellamy muttered, and Clarke's eyes slowly tried up from the ground to Bellamy. "I can't admit that I love you, that would get you hurt." He closed his eyes, and felt almost sick to his stomach.

Admit? Admit?! Bellamy mentally scowled himself. You fucking idiot! Okay, okay. Clam yourself. Bellamy order himself. Maybe she didn't notice.

"Ad-" Clarke shook hear head, trying to wake herself up from what seemed like some sort of fantasy. "Admit. You can't admit. You said admit that you love me?"

"What? N-no didn't say that." He denied the fact, shaking his head.

"Yeah, you did." Clarke argued

It took Bellamy a minute to think about what to say. "It uh it came out wrong."

Claire ignored the part where Bellamy had denied the fact, and focused on the words where he admitted, the near I love you that had escaped Bellamy's lips.

Much to Bellamy's surprised, Clarke spoke up; "Bellamy Blake," She managed to catch his attention by saying his full name. "I-I think I love you."

Author's Note: Mkay. Short chapter, buuuuuuuut I have a lot planed. I hope you all like this, it's really happy and fluffy. Are you guys liking this so far?

Just for fun question: What do you think will happen next? .... To be completely honest I've never had such terrible writer's block. Yes, I have writer's block. To be completely honest, I get writer's block at least once every week. 😂😂