Chapter 26: mornings milk and more (part 3)

Clarke and Bellamy stayed in their hug like dance for a long time It seemed as if each time they took would move, they would grow more and more warm, happy, and content in each other's embrace.

"Bellamy?" Clarke asked, gently. Her voice was small and frail, so gentle and sweet, just like her personality.

Bellamy pulled away, out of her embrace, so he could see her face. Her blue diamond eyes met Bellamy's and he gave her a gentle smile. "Yeah?"

"Why..." She sighed. "I feel like I know you, but I don't really know you." Clarke paused, realizing that her words didn't make any sense. "Bellamy, I-I'm afraid. I want to know why you were arrested. I-"

Bellamy's face hardened, and her slowly slipped his arms out from around her, shaking his head. "No. This-this is a mistake." He started backing away.

"What? What is a mistake?" She asked and wakes towards him, only for him to back up more.

"Us!" Bellamy exclaimed. "What ever we are. If we're friends...more." Bellamy shook her head, violently as he realized he had become soft. "Whatever we are, it's a mistake."

"Bellamy," Clarke started, but couldn't find a way to end her sentence.

"I-I can't do this." Bellamy confessed. "I can't do anything like this, ever."

"Can't do what?" Clarke asked him, gently, hoping she could help.

"Bellamy." Bellamy started waking towers the door, causing Clarke to raise her voice. "Bellamy, Bellamy!" He turned around and looked at her. "Where are you going?"

He turned around to face her. "Anywhere but here."

"No. Stop."  Clarke ran over and shuffled her body between him and the door. She couldn't stop him from going anywhere, not just because he had his own free will, but because of her weak arms and small body. "Wh-why do you wanna leave?"

Bellamy sighed, he didn't want to share the reason why with her but he felt like he had to. Something deep in his gut kept telling him that he had to. "I," he sighed, smacking his forehead with his hand. "I can't have feelings..."

"Bellamy, everyone has feelings." Clarke told him. "And no one can shut them out forever."

"I won't allow myself to have feelings." Bellamy spoke louder and a bit more forceful.

"But, why are feelings a problem right now?" Clarke asked him. "How does feelings had to do with anything happening right now?"

Bellamy shook her head, violently, clearly not wanting to answer.

"Bellamy, why are feelings even relevant to what is-"

"Because I have feelings for you!" Bellamy told her, part of him felt so terrible. He had admitted to his feelings and that was the fist step to the long, dark, lonely road that is heartbreak. Yet, another part of him was so thankful to finally get the words of his chest.

Clarke spoke slowly. "Feelings for me?"

"Yes." He sighed. "Yes. Clarke, I have feelings for you, and I can't have them, I'm not supposed to I-"

"I have feelings for you, too." Clarke interrupted, not afraid to admit it.

"No, Clarke, you can't." Bellamy told her quietly.

"Yes I can, and I do." Clarke told him, her voice had so much care in it. Her voice was so soft and gently like a little baby angel's.

"No, Clarke, you can't. I'm only gonna get you hurt. Damn it!"

"Bellamy..."

"I just don't want to hurt you," Bellamy told her gently.

"You won't." Clarke said and then stood up on her tippy toes, bringing her lips up to his, only a small gap in between. "You won't hurt me." She told him, and then Bellamy slowly stooped his head down, connecting his lips with hers.