Chapter 29: lips love and life (part 3)

Bellamy closed his eyes, every nerve in his body was screaming for him to kiss her. He longed to hold Clarke in his arms, feel the warmth of her lips in his, to tell her he loved her, too. Yet, he felt that he couldn't.

"No. No. No." Bellamy shook his head. "You don't love me, y-you can't love me."

Clarke cupped the sides of Bellamy's face, standing up on her tippy toes, gazing into his eyes. "I can love you, a-and I do."

"No. No!" Bellamy put his hands onto of Clarke's and pulled her hands off his face, and shook his head and walked away from her. "Stop saying that!"

"Be-"

"Just stop!" Bellamy yelled, his hands clutching to each other, forming a tight fist. "I don't need to hear all these lies."

"Bellamy,-"

"Just stop, Clarke." Bellamy's voice went from a yell to a pleading, he was practically begging her to stop at this point.

"So this is what I get for admitting my feelings?" Clarke asked Bellamy with a hurt tone. "This is what happens when I try to tell you how I feel?"

"Clarke..." Bellamy's voice trailed off.

"No, I'm not done." Clarke continued, as Bellamy fell silent. "I tell you how I feel and you...you just start yelling a-and accusing me of lying. You know what? I'm not even lying! I don't see why your getting so angry, if you don't feel the same way just say so!"

"Clarke, I-I...I'm sorry." He didn't know what else to say, he couldn't ever admit his feelings, even though he could never admit it, didn't mean that he didn't feel the same way.

It's just three little words, Bellamy, it won't hurt you. Bellamy told himself. You're hurting Clarke by not saying them.

Clarke looked at the ground then back up at him, looking as if she was just wishing for him to disappear. "Say it, I need to hear you say it."

"Say what?"

"That you don't love me." Clarke looked at him, stubbornly.

Bellamy crossed his arms over his chest, not walking to say something so hurtful and so incredibly untrue. "Are you done talking?"

"I'll be done talking, once you say it." Clarke told him, not even able to look at him anymore, she looked down at the ground. "Say it, tell me that you don't love me."

"I-I...Clarke," Bellamy sighed, softly. "I-Clarke, I-I don't love you."

Once the words came out of his mouth, Clarke looked hurt. She nodded slowly. Then grabbed her bag.

"This was the biggest mistake of my life,"

"Clarke, plea-"

"No." Clarke shook her head, not even able to look him in the eyes. "I never should've came with you."

"Clarke, please."

"I never should've left my home...I-I shouldn't be here." Clarke started to walk toward the door. "This was all a mistake."

"Clarke, where are you going?" Bellamy asked, and grabbed onto her wrist, pulling her away from the door.

"I'm going home!" Clarke jerked her wrist back, pulling it out of his grasp. "Don't touch me!"

She turned her back to him, and ran towards the door.

"Clarke, stop, please." Clarke proceeded to open the door, despite Bellamy's pleading. "Clarke, where are you gonna go?"

Clarke was so far from home, and she didn't even seem to care. "You know what, Bellamy?! I don't know where I'm gonna go. I'll go anywhere but here."

"Why are you getting so mad at me, you told me to tell you that I don't love you, and not your yelling at me for it?!"

Clarke scoffed, loudly, and rolled her eyes. "We're done here. I'm leaving."

"Clarke,-"

"No!" Clarke yelled, and then closed her eyes and took a deep breath, doing her best to calm herself. She didn't want her last memories with Bellamy to be her yelling no and running out the door. Her voice came out softly as she said; "Goodbye, Bellamy." Clarke quickly walked out the door, slamming it shut behind her. She slammed it so hard that the picture frames on the wall rattled, she didn't do it on intencully she was just so angry in the moment.

She felt tears come to her eyes and she placed her hand over her mouth, sniffling the cries.