Chaper 21: hiding hotel and home (part 1)

Clarke and Bellamy slowly made their way out of the break room, being extra carful not to get caught. It seemed as if most of the police had left, which was a huge relief.

They walked out of the mall, looking just like everyone else, normal and unsuspicious. They looked like your average, clean cut, people.

"Hey, uh, I, I'm sorry about everything back here." Bellamy told Clarke slowly.

Clarke nodded, simply stating. "It's okay."

"You sure?" Bellamy asked her, noticing that the look of fear still hadn't left her eyes.

"I-I'm not sure...Not sure of anything at this point, really."

Bellamy nodded slowly, as part of him understood what Clarke meant, and yet another part of him had no clue.

"I," Clarke's eyes wondered down to the floor as she took a kind pause and whispered quietly to herself. "I wanna go home."

Although she whispered her words, they didn't go unnoticed by Bellamy.

He was silent for a second, stuck in between the debate of saying something-trying to make her feel better- or just staying silent-pretending not to hear her.

"Clarke, this whole police search thing...It won't happen again." Bellamy told her, not knowing what else he could say to make her feel better.

What else could he tell her? Was there?

Clarke didn't move her gaze from the ground, signaling that his words that were supposed to make her feel better, wasn't much if a success.

"Clarke," Bellamy reached out, gently. His hand barely made contact Clarke's hand. Gentle and rather sweetly Bellamy's finger tips barely held onto Clarke's. "I'll be okay, Clarke." Clarke's gaze shifted from the ground to her and Bellamy's hands. Bellamy slouched down, slightly, trying to see Clarke's eyes. Just trying to get her eyes to look into his. "I'll keep you safe, I'll protect you."

At his words, Clarke's eyes flickered up to meet Bellamy's.

"That's a promise, Clarke. I promise."

Clarke nodded to him, feeling a bit better. Although, part of her still wished to return home.

Bellamy looked around the parking lot, and sighed once he noticed that the truck was gone. It was stupid if him to hope it would still be there. The police definitely were going to get the truck back to the real owner, and that was disappointing as Bellamy realized they had no other way of transportation.

"Let's go, find a hotel, and stay there for a few days just until this blows over. I don't wanna be walking around town, especially now that the cops are a little on edge."

Clarke didn't say anything but nod, she didn't want to ask anymore questions, make anything more complicated, or say the wrong thing. She simply just wanted to go home, and for some reason she didn't just miss her home, she missed her father.

Author's Note: This chapter was terrible, but I can promise that the next chapter will make up for it. I have BIG plans...If you know what is mean. ;)