Chapter 17: cops cuteness and clairity (part 1)

Dedicated to bellarke10
Bellarke10 is so, so, so encouraging and I want to dedicate this chapter to her. Make sure to follow her and check out her works. :)

Bellamy looked over to Clarke. Her voice echoing in his head.

"Nothing could ever change that."

Clarke started over at Bellamy, patiently waiting for him to inform her about what happened. "Can you-Will you tell me why the police want to arrest you?"

Bellamy sighed, and took a while before answering. "I will tell you, Clarke. I'll tell you eventually."

"Eventually?" Clarke asked, calming but yet anger screamed in her voice. "Is that supposed to be the key word for never?"

"No. That's key for 'Clarke, I really don't want to talk about this. Why can't you understand that?' " Bellamy told her, as his grip on the steering wheel tightened, signaling that he was getting frustrated.

Clarke sighed, "So, that is key for you're never gonna tell me?"

Bellamy made his hands into fists and slammed them on the steering wheel. "Damn it, Clarke!"

Clarke jumped as he slammed his fist in the wheel and she shifted away from him once he stared yelling.

Bellamy's jaw clenched, angrily. He then took a second to collect himself, as he took a few deep breaths. "I'm sorry." He muttered, calmly, as he was feeling bad that he had scared her. "I am sorry." He repeated.

Clarke sat still, not saying anything or even moving a muscle. She was too uncomfortable, and felt too compromised to do anything. She regretted even asking the question. She just wanted to go back in time, and never ask.

"I'm sorry, for asking." Clarke told him, and it didn't take him over a second to respond.

"Don't apologize." That was all he said for a while before he spoke up again. "Is it tangy important for you to know."

Clarke thoughts for a second, debating on how to answer. "No." She shook her head. "I don't need to know."

A small smile came to Bellamy's lips as a look of thankfulness came to his eyes. "Thank you, Clarke. "

His eyes fell back on the road, as he continued to drive, not saying anything. But suddenly something caught his eyes, it was one of his most feared things to see...red and blue flashing lights. A loud screeching siren traveled through the air, as the cop car gained speed on Bellamy and Clarke.

"Oh my God." Clarke muttered as she looked behind them to see the police car, it seemed as if the vehicle had appeared out of nowhere.

"Fuck. Fuck!" Bellamy yelled, not knowing what to do. He pressed harder on the gas pedal, bumping the car's speed up to eighty miles per hour.

"Bellamy, stop!" Clarke exclaimed, alarmed by how fast he was traveling.

"Clarke, cover your face." Bellamy ordered, concerned about her.

"What?" Clarke asked, confused and rather lost with everything going on.

"Hide your face, the cops can't see you." Bellamy repeated, as Clarke stripped herself of her jacket and used it to hide her face.

The police car speed up so it came up onto the side of Bellamy's truck. The officer and Bellamy got a quick glance at each other before Bellamy drove past him.

"Damn it." Bellamy growled as another cop turned the corner, nearly crashing into Bellamy.

Bellamy made a sharp left turn, the back wheels of his car screeching. One of the police cars attempted to make the turn Bellamy had, but quickly slammed on the brakes to prevent them from crashed into a building. The other police car Dortmund have enough time and crashed right into the police car that had managed to stop.

"Oh my God." Clarke exclaimed as she saw the crash.

"Haha. Yes!" Bellamy was practically celebrating while still going eighty miles per hour.

"Bellamy, stop! You just-Did you not just see that?! The officer, he could be dead!" Clarke was clearly alarmed and angered.

Bellamy didn't respond, he only continued driving to get far away from the police.

"Bellamy, the police put their lives on the line everyday to save people who need help. And you-you could've just killed one of them. Hell! You couldn't kill two of them."

Bellamy's jaw clenched as his face went burning and fiery with fury, anger, and pure hatred. "If the police put their lives on the line to save people, why didn't they try to save my father!?" He immediately regretted his words after saying them, he felt sick to his stomach, but mostly he felt like he was about to cry.

"Bellamy, I - I didn't know. I'm so sorr-"

"I don't need your sympathy." Bellamy interpreted her, doing a pretty good job of hiding how much he wanted to cry.

"Be-"

"We need to ditch this car, the cops will find us too easy if we stay in it." Bellamy announced as he pulled into a parking lot, his eyes wide open, knowing that if he were to blink tears would escape his eyes.

"Where are we gonna go, are we just gonna have to walk?" Clarke asked, a bit confused but mostly worried.

"That is exactly the opposite of what we're doing." Bellamy looked in front of them at a mall. "We're going to hide in here for a while."

"Hide?" Clarke paused. "How are we supposed to hide with all these people around."

Bellamy sighed. "That's exactly how we're hiding, Clarke. We're hiding by blending in with all the other people here."

Bellamy quickly hopped out of the car, and signaled for Clarke to do the same. She let out a small sigh, but got out of the car as Bellamy grabbed all three bags from the back of the truck, ready to ditch the car.

"Come on." Bellamy told Clarke as he started to walk away.

Clarke sight, looking at the truck.

"Clarke, they probably already have a report on the car, we can't keep it." Bellamy informed her with a disappointed look. "Now let's get inside the mall."

Clarke nodded and caught one up to him so she could walk by his side.