Chapter 23: hiding hotel and home (part 3)

"B-Bellamy?" Clarke muttered into his chest, and Bellamy's eyes widened.

He didn't respond. How could he have responded?

Clarke slowly, and gently pulled out of his grasp. She felt so embarrassed. The dream was still frozen in her mind, which seemed to make things worse. She could feel the tears sitting  on her face, even more embarrassing. Clarke was about to wipe them off, but before she could, Bellamy did it for her.

His hands rested gently under her chin on her jaw kind, and his thumb ran over her cheek, wiping the tears away.

Clarke's red, puffy eyes looked up at Bellamy. The embarrassment, thankfulness, and her fear all clearly visible through her eyes.

"Clarke, I-" Bellamy was cut off once Clarke, practically jumped up, and hugged him. Her small arms wrapped around his broad shoulders, as her head buried itself in his shoulder.

"Woah." He said at first, a bit shocked, but then he hugged her back. "Hey, It's okay." He said gently.

Clarke unburied her head from Bellamy's shoulder and nuzzled her head into the crock of his neck. Her gently crying was still loud enough to hear.

Bellamy gently pulled the covers over the two of them, still hugging Clarke. He hated seeing her in so much pain, but he was also loving the privilege of getting to hug her.

After a while, Clarke's cries had disappeared, and it was just a plain, flat out silence.

"I'm okay." Clarke told him, gently.

"Oh. Uh. Oh-okay." Bellamy stiffened up, a bit disappointed that he had to release her so soon.

He looses his grasp on her and then released her of the hug. He pulled the covers back and stood up, about to walk over to his bed.

"No." Clarke's voice broke through. "Bellamy, wait, stop." She reached her hand out, trying to stop him. He hands gently grazed against his.

Bellamy turned around and looked over to her, meeting her gaze.

"Can you-Will you...will you stay with me? Will you sleep in this bed with me?"

Bellamy got back into the back into the bed, his arms wrapping around Clarke's waist, pulling her back to him. She quickly snuggled into him, feeling safe and well rested. Her body gently pressing against his.

"Of course." Bellamy answered, as he continued to snuggled her.

Clarke closed her eyes, she felt safe in his arms. She didn't care that he was a 'criminal'. Why should she? He hadn't hurt her, he had only ever helped her.

"Good night, Bellamy."

"Good night, Princess."

Author's Note: I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who went and voted for @a_s_writing's "Finding Hope." I want to give a special thank you to @bellarke10 for being the first commenter!

I hope that you all enjoyed the bit of Bellarke in this chapter and the last, but don't forget there is always more to come. :D