Chapter 24: mornings milk and more (part 1)

Clarke woke up the next morning to a sleeping Bellamy, his arms wrapped tightly around her. She felt so warm, buried under all the warm covers with Bellamy cuddling her. She didn't move, she didn't want the warm, comfy feeling to end. She only laid there, not making a sound.

Bellamy, whom was still sleeping, shifted slightly, growing closer to Clarke. It brought a small smile to her face. He yawned and snuggle up even closer to her.

Bellamy's eyes slowly opened and he groggily looked around the room. His eyes trailed down to see what- who was in his arms, wrapped up all warm and cuddly. It was Clarke. The memories of the night before returned to his mind, and he smiled.

"Good morning." Bellamy whispered gently, and sleepily.

"Good morning." Clarke replied with a quiet voice.

"Ar-are you okay?" He asked her, his voice still in a whisper.

He was always a bit worried about her. He liked her enough to not want to see her hurt, and he knew that his feelings wouldn't be good. He couldn't watch her get hurt, and he would do many things to keep her safe. It would all be down hill from then.

"I'm okay." She promised him with a small nod.

She snuggled into him, burying her head into his chest. He hands griped gently to his shirt. Her lips gently brushed against his chest, taking Bellamy by surprise. He couldn't tell if it was an accident or if she had just kissed him.

Bellamy didn't say a word, he only gently held her. His muscular arms wrapped around her, keeping her warm and feeling safe. He didn't want to move, but he knew that eventually he would have to relive her. He was already dreading the moment he would have to let go of her.

"Hey, do wanna me to call and get some room service?" Bellamy asked Clarke, chuckling. "Breakfast in bed, maybe?"

Clarke smiled. "Yeah. I would love that."

She didn't know what was going on between the two of them. Was he just being friendly? Was he possibly flirting with her? Whatever it was, she was really enjoying it.

Bellamy nodded. "Okay. I'll call once I find the energy to get out of bed." He told her, as he didn't loosen his hold on her.

"I'll call." Clarke moved, and was about to get out of bed when he stopped her.

"No. Don't leave." Bellamy said and Clarke smiled. "Come back."

She crawled back into the bed and threw the sheets over them. She cuddled up closer to him, and smiled. Somehow she was then even more confused then before.

It was silent for a while, and many thought ran wildly through Clarke's head before she spoke up.

"Hey, Bellamy?" Clarke asked, quietly.

"Yeah?" Bellamy muttered, sleepily.

"Can I ask you something?" Clarke questioned.

"Of course. Shoot." Bellamy approved with a simple nod.

Clarke thought for a second about how to word her question. What are we? No. Just no. Are we friends or...more? No way.

"Can we uh can we call room service? I'm hungry." Clarke asked, deciding it was best not to ask her real question.

"That was the question?" Bellamy chuckled. "Yeah. We can call them up." He sighed before stood up from the bed, leaving Clarke laying there alone.

Clarke instantly hated his absence. He made her feel so warm and she missed that feeling.

A few moments later there was a knock on the door. "Room service." A ditsy voice came.

"Oh God. I bet you anything, it's stupid girl from the lobby." Bellamy whispered to Clarke, causing her to laugh slightly.

"Uhhhh. Hello?" The girl continued.

"Come in." Clarke responded, having to hold in a laugh.

The door opened, revealing the dumb girl from the lobby that had check them in the day before.

"I brought your stuff." She told the two of them, half absent mindedly.

She sat down the two plate of pancakes and two glasses of milk. Then, without saying another word, got up and left.

Bellamy grabbed the plate of pancakes and glass of milk, handing it to Clarke, whom was still in bed. He grabbed a plate and glass for himself, and waked back to bed.

Clarke smiled at him, and then she started to eat her pancakes.

The pancakes were a decent size, and the had a few blueberries and raspberries ontop, with some butter and syrup spread all over the pancake.

Bellamy started to eat as well, and drank some of this milk.

"This is good." Bellamy commented.

"Mhm." Clarke nodded in agreement.

She picked up her glass and thought the rim of it to her lips, and then spilled it all over herself.

Bellamy immediately burt out laughing. He was laughing so hard that he nearly toppled off the bed.

"It's not funny." Clarke told him even though she was laughing a bit herself.

She had milk dripping from her arms, and her shirt was absolutely soaked with all the milk she had spilled on herself.

"It's kinda funny." Bellamy could barley manage to get out those three words from all of his laughing.

"Bellamy, stop laughinggggg." Clarke told him, laughing a bit herself.

"Go-" Bellamy paused and held his breath, preventing himself from laughing any more. "Go take a shower, clean off all the milk."

Clarke stood up, and walked over to the bathroom, but stopped in front of the door.

"I don't have any clean clothes." She told him.

He chuckled and walked over to his bag. "Use this." He handed her a plan dark red t-shirt.

"Thanks." Clarke said as she took the shirt and walked into the bathroom, locking the door behind her.