Chapter 5: Stupidness Strangers and Secrets

Bellamy laid in the hotel bed, staring at the ceiling. Everything that happens with Clarke reputed in his mind. Her voice echoed through his brain:

"Why do you want me here?"
"What do you want from me?"
"I'm running from my father."
"Because he's an abusive, alcoholic who cares about no one but himself."
"Thank you."
"I'm so scared."
"Why are you being so nice to me?"
"Goodbye, Bellamy."

Bellamy sat up, not able to sleep. Everything about the room, and everything about Arkville reminded him of Clarke, it made him sick. Bellamy stood up off the bed and walked over to his bags, he glared at them for a while before he picked them up. Once he picked them up, something feel out...the article. Bellamy dropped the bags and bent down, picking it up. He looked at it for a second, as anger rose inside of him. He scoffed and ripped it in half.

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Bellamy repeated as he ripped the paper into shreds.
________

Clarke walked along the side of the road, on a dirt 'sidewalk'. Her hands were freezing cold, and it was a little past three in the morning. She had nothing but a change of clothes, a nearly dead phone, and 30 bucks. Clarke was also starving, but she wasn't ready to go and spend any of her money. She wanted to saver it as much as she possibly could.

She sighed as she allowed herself to rest, she took off the back pack and threw it onto the wet grass. She flopped down onto her back, and kept her backpack by her slide. She closed her eyes and intently felt relaxed, but Clarke quickly forced herself to open them. She knew she was tired, she had been walking since twelve, and she also had the knowledge that if she allowed herself to close her eyes, she would be asleep at any second. So she forced herself to keep her eyes open.

Clarke laid in the grass for a while before finally harnessing up the energy to continue walking. Clarke sat up, grabbed her bag, and once she stood up she started waking again.

Clarke was slightly creeped out by her surroundings, it was barley sunrise and there was no one even outside. As Clarke walked, she tried to push the thoughts out of her head, but she couldn't stop herself from worrying.

As Clarke continued to walk, she walked into some area that seemed like it was downtown. It had many small, and simple shops. Clarke scanned the area around her, still creeped out that no one was around. She saw very few cars, but she remembered what Bellamy told her.

"It's a small town."

Clarke continued to walk, as her head ran wild with thoughts.

This is just creepy.
Okay. I'm starving I should really get something to eat.
Do they even have a coffee shop here?

Clarke let out a loud sigh. She looked around her until, boom, right in front of he was Denny's. Denny's was a large and simple eat-in dinner. They served all breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and fortunately most of they prices weren't complete ripoffs.
________

"Leaving so soon?" The girl at the check in, Alex, asked.

"As a matter of fact, yes." Bellamy handed her the keys to the hotel. "I have somewhere I need to be." Lie. Lie. Lies.

Alex nodded as she excepted the key. "Well, I hope you enjoyed your stay."

Bellamy smiled. "I most definitely did." He picked up his bags. "Thank you for the stay."

"I should be thanking you." Alex laughed. "You and Claire, is that her name?" Alex paused. "You two just gave me my pay check."

Bellamy immediately felt uncomfortable when Alex mentioned 'Claire', he hated to think of Clarke. She was just like his sister, but instead Clarke just left him.

"I really should be going." Bellamy said as he started walking for the exit. "Thanks, again." Bellamy pushed open the doors and walked outside, looking around.

Where to next? Bellamy asked himself.

Author's Note: I'm absolutely loving all the kind and encouraging comments I have been receiving on this story. That you all so much! It means the world to me.