Chapter 14: Sleep, stress, and stories (part 1)

Author's Note: Important author's note at the end!

Bellamy opened his eyes, to see the bright sun shinning though the window. He shut his eyes tightly, trying to block out the sun, but he could still see a right light through closed eyes. He felt a small movement right next to him, and he looked down to see Clarke.

She had her head buried into Bellamy's chest and one of her hands gripped tightly to the sleeve of his shirt.

Bellamy had to fight the smile at came to his face. After a while of just staring at her, Bellamy slowly began to unravel his arms from around Clarke. He didn't want to wake her up so he made every movement as gentle as possible. As Bellamy pulled away from Clarke, her grip on his sleeve tightened. Gently, Bellamy placed his hand on top of hers, and her hand immediately relaxed, her grip on his shirt loosened. Bellamy pulled her hand off his shoulder and laid it on the bed. He sat up on the bed and rubbed his eyes, as tried as ever. Slowly he stood up and walked over to the bathroom, figuring it was a good idea to take a shower and clean up a bit. He silently walked into the bathroom, careful not to wake up Clarke.

He entered the bathroom and as quietly as possible closed and locked the door. He scanned that bathroom, checking to see if there was anything worth taking.

He glanced at the clean towel that were founded neatly on the counter. Take the towels? No. Next his eyes fell on all the soap. Why would they need soup if they were gonna be in a bunch of different hotels?

Bellamy sighed, knowing nothing in the room was even worth taking with him, as he turned the shower water on.

He stripped himself of his clothes and got into the hot shower. The steam fogging up the mirror. He closed his eyes as the water ran down his face.

For some reason he count stop think about what happened to Clarke the previous night...She was crying.

Why? Why was she crying? nightmare? What happened in the nightmare?

He sighed as the thoughts on his mind continued to play. He grabbed the hotel's cheapy bar soup and washed his body.

What if it was about her father? She's terrified of the man.

Bellamy finished washing his body and moved onto his hair, putting the shampoo in his hair. He rinsed out the shampoo, and the sleepily rubbed his eyes.

Poor Clarke...okay. Last night, though, when I hugged her if felt so righ-no, no, no, no.

Bellamy shook the thought out of his head, as he grabbed the conditioner, he did the best he could to not think about Clarke.

Okay. I need a hair cut. He thought as he rubbed the conditioner in his hair. Dude, you don't need a hair cut you're just trying not to think about Cla-shut up.

Bellamy turned the water off the grabbed one of the towel and started drying himself of, the thought of Clarke still in his head.
__________

"He's dangerous, Clarke, you should've stayed away from him!" Jake continued to yell. "He could've hurt you, hell, he could've killed you!"

"He won't ever hurt me, Dad." Clarke argued through tears.

"How would you know what? You ran away from me and you trusted him?!"

"You're the one that hurts me! Not Bellamy!"

"He's a criminal, Clarke. You need to open your eyes and realize that he's a criminal." Jake ordered, his facial expression both furious and yet a bit of sorrow lasted in his eyes.

"No! He's not a criminal, he's a good person." Clarke shook her head as tears streamed down her face.

"He's a criminal, and your just blind to the fact because yo-"

"I love him!" Clarke screamed. "I love Bellamy! And you can't change that! You will never be able to change the fact that I love him, and he loves me. We're in love and nothing you do will ever change that!"

Clarke's eyes shot open, and she didn't move. She just remained in the bed, as thoughts ran through her head like a wild fire.

What the hell? What kind of dream was that?
Am I in love with Bellamy? No, no. That can't happen.
Wait. What? How did I get in here?

She looked around the hotel room, not remember anything after falling asleep in 'Bellamy's' car. With any mixed emotions, Clarke slowly sat up. She looked around the room for Bellamy, wondering where he was.

"Bellamy?" Clarke called out, and waited for a response.

"I'm in the bathroom, Clarke." Bellamy's voice came.

"Oh. Okay." Clarke said as she sat back down on the bed.

Clarke closed her eyes and heard her voice repeat over and over again in her head. 

"I love him!" Clarke screamed. "I love Bellamy! And you can't change that! You will never be able to change the fact that I love him, and he loves me. We're in love and nothing you do will ever change that!"

Author's Note: If your like this book or my other series "The Games". Please, pretty please, go and vote for them in Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #mywattyschoice