Chapter 13: Clarke Car and Candy (part 3)

Bellamy had been driving for a few hours, listening and following all the directions that Clarke told him. The headlights of Bellamy's car lighting the road in front of them.

"So...just um," Clarke rubbed her eyes, bringing the paper closer to her face trying to read it. "Make...a left on Avila."

"Can you even see?" Bellamy asked her.

"Not really, no." Clarke laughed. "These street lights suck."

Bellamy nodded in agreement. "You know what? There might be some sort of light in the-" click.

Clarke light switched on a light, feeling stupid that bother of them had thought about it before.

"Okay...Do I keep going down Avila, or do I turn in the intersection?" Bellamy asked Clarke as she studied the map.

"Keep going until you come to a fork in the road, then you do left." Clarke told him, rubbing her eyes, sleepily.

"You know what? Clarke, just give me the map." Bellamy told her as he held out his hand, waiting for Clarke to give him the map. He could tell she was exhausted, and part of him wouldn't have been surprised if she fell asleep.

Without a word, Clarke handed Bellamy the map, and for a brief second her hand touched his. Bellamy quickly pulled his hand away, leaving Clarke's hand cold. Clarke put her hands in the lap, and she cuddled into the leather seat, closing her eyes.

Once Bellamy took the map from Clarke's hand, he looked at it. Slightly confused about the split second when his hand touched hers.

Okay. Left on Left on Broadway. He thought, pushing the member of his hands grazing against Clarke's out of his he's mind, as he searched for the street to turn on. Then he saw it on the left of him was Broadway. Bellamy made the turn and glanced at the map for more directions.

"Hm pft." Clarke muttered, and Bellamy's eyes trailed over to Clarke. Her eyes tightly squeezed shut and her body tense. It looked like she was sleeping, having a dream, most likely a nightmare.

"Humpft." She continued to murmur things that made no sense.

Bellamy raised an eyebrow at sleeping Clarke and then looked back to the road. He yawned as he wanting to sleep, himself.

Bellamy squinted his eyes, as the headlights of the stolen vehicle lit the road ahead of him. He looked around, knowing some sort of hotel had to have been in Phoenix, but unfortunately he didn't see much of anything.

There were a few other cars driving down the same road, and some lampposts lighting up the streets, but other than that there wasn't much to see.

Bellamy sighed as he continued to drive the truck, as Clarke continuined to make strange noises in her sleep.

Bellamy rubbed his eyes, trying not to doze off.

"Ughhhh." Clarke grunted, causing Bellamy to chock on a laugh, staying to remain quiet he put a hand over his mouth, preventing anymore laughing.

After about another hour of Clarke's sleep talking, checking the map for directions, and driving, Bellamy finally came across a hotel. The hotel looked a bit older and not in the best shape, but that also meant it must've been cheap.

Bellamy pulled into the hotel's parking lot.

"Okay, Clarke, we're here." He told her, but she didn't move. "Clarke," Bellamy nudged her. "Wake up. We're here."

"Mhmmmm." Clarke muttered, her eyes still shut tightly.

"Clarke?" She still lay there asleep.

For s short second Bellamy found himself staring at Clarke. Her expression was peaceful. Her face relaxed and her whole body loosely laying on the chair.