Chapter 7

Paris, France

"It's just going to be the two of us right?" I ask Damien.

"Yes."

"Then why do we need all this space?"

"What, you don't like it? I mean, we can move to somewhere else."

"No, I didn't say I didn't like it. It's just that, over 3,000 sq ft, is a lot of room for just two people."

Besides, what's not to like about The Peninsula Hotel. Lustrous white marble floor surrounds every room, that make every step echo. Each room is lit by monumental chandeliers surrounded by crystals, which cause rainbow colors to dance around the rich golden walls that hold up exquisite abstract paintings.

Even the door hinges are engraved with swirls and elegant designs. Everything is so polished. It's like walking into hotel heaven.

"Really? I thought it was kind of small." Damien interrupts my thoughts.

What!

"Imma go get settled," I tell him, leaving to go find my room. Being so close to him at work is hard enough, now I have to live with him.

This is going to be a long week.

~

Damien walks into Absolon & Clint like he owns the place.

"Hello Diane," he says to the red head girl when he walks past reception.

"Welcome back Mr. Ward, Mr. Clint is waiting for you upstairs."

He grabs my hand and walks us towards an elevator.

"Are you ready?" He asks when we get off.

"Yeah I'm good." I'm actually kind of nervous, but I'm not going to say that.

We get off the elevator on the 32nd floor and stride towards the group of 4 men standing by the receptionist desk talking. They all turn when we reach them, and one guy approaches us. And immediately I am captivated by his gorgeous green eyes.

Green, like the color of tadpoles making ripples in the pond. Green, like the forest after it rains. But also behind all that beauty, there it's is also mysterious, maybe even dangerous. But I wasn't sure if it was the good kind or the bad.

"Javier, this is April Watters. And April, this is Javier Clint," Damien says introducing us. Javier extends his hand out for me to shake it, and when I do, he turns it and kisses my hand.

"Pleased to meet you," he tells me. His voice is so deep, and with a thick French accent.

We all walk into the meeting room, and already there are two other men and one female sitting around the table. They all stand when we walk in and come over to greet us.

When we all go to sit down, I'm about to take a seat next to Damien, but Javier pulls me over to take a seat to the left of him. And he seats at the front end of the table, with Damien to his right. Damien stares at me as if to ask why I'm not seating next to him, but I just shrug as a response.