Chapter 12

"April. April open the door," Damien's voiced came from the other side of my locked bedroom door. "April! April come on, let's talk about this."

I said nothing and just paced back and forth in the room.

I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I can't believe I thought they wanted me. I should have known better. I wish I had never come up with this stupid plan.

First, it was knocking then it was banging as if he was trying to break down the door. I could hear faint arguing on the other side, then finally banging stopped.

I couldn't stand to be in the lingerie anymore, I started to feel naked.

I quickly took everything off and hoped in the shower, trying to wash away the embarrassment. And that is where I allowed more tears to fall.

Maybe I'm just destined to be alone.

When I finally got to bed, I couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes all I could see were Javier's eyes and Damien's lips. I touched my lips thinking of the kiss. I could still feel his lips on mine, ravishing them.

"Ugh!" I tossed on the bed frustrated.

This is going to a long night.

~

The next morning I decide to dress in the more conservative clothes I could find in my luggage. I can't imagine being able to feel comfortable next to them again in anything that didn't cover me from head to toe.

I put on long, black pencil skirt, with a long white shirt with black stripes. And I paired it with black four-inch pumps. Unfortunately for my, the skirt only goes down to my top of my knees, but at least the shirt covers all my arms. I just put my hair into a ponytail and don't even bother with makeup as I'm trying to make myself look as displeasing as possible.

Not that I need any help with that.

I leave my room and head to the kitchen for breakfast. I didn't have time for dinner as I spent all yesterday preparing my stupid plan. Which I am regretting more and more as I think about it and the images replay in my head.

I am happy to see that neither Javier nor Damien is there as I head to go make coffee. Hopefully, I can quickly grab a cup and leave run back to my bedroom before I have to see them. I know I can't avoid them forever, but at least I'll have some more time to prepare before I have to face them.

But of course I am the most unlucky person in the world, and Damien walks in a couple of minutes later freshly dressed in a black suit. He, as usual looks, sexy as ever.

Damn it! Stop!

I just pray that Javier left and Damien is the only one that I have to deal with. I ignore him and proceed to pour coffee beans into the pot. Maybe he'll just ignore me too and leave. Or maybe I'd be fortunate and he'd have forgotten all about yesterday. But I know if the universe is really on my side, the ground will open, swallow me up and put me out of my misery.

"Good morning, April," Damien speaks.

My only answer is a grunt, and I don't even turn around to acknowledge him. Perhaps he'll get the hint and go away. But that is not the case. I turn around and Damien is right behind me, barely giving me room to breathe. He bent down and sniffed me.