Chapter 9

I walked a distance thinking in my own angry thoughts.

I couldn't believe that they could do that to me. It was so embarrassing. All those people staring at me, ugh! What is wrong with them? They're acting like this is some pissing contest. But maybe I was being a little hard on Javier because Damien was the one who crashed our night. But the again they were both just participating in the auction. Ugh! I don't even know.

By the time I snapped back to reality, I realized that I didn't know where I was

By the time I snapped back to reality, I realized that I didn't know where I was. I was just mindlessly walking, and I was really far away from where the gala was being held.

My phone started ringing, but when I saw it was Damien, I ignored it. Whatever explanation he had for acting like some Neanderthal, I didn't care to hear. I just wanted some time to myself for a little bit.

If I thought what happened at the gala was bad, it was even worse once I left. Not only did I get more stares because I was walking down the street with a gown while everyone else wore casual clothes. Some guys the proceeded to cat-call me.

"Yo baby, laissez-moi votre numéro," shouted one guy. (You baby, let me get that number.)

"Hey, sexy, vien ici. J'ai eu quelque chose qui va faire tangier votre monde," shouted another. (Hey sexy, come here. I got something that is gonna rock your world.)

None of them approached me, though, and I was thankful for that. Because I don't know what I would have done if they did. I might look small, but with the mood, I was in, who knew what I might have done to one of those guys. And I wasn't trying to go to jail in a foreign country, plus I wasn't sure what their laws on assault are in France.

Finding my way harder then I thought it would have been. I tried to look for some landmarks that I thought I might recognize, but I didn't see any.

Then I tried just getting a cab. People think hailing a cab in New York City is hard, try getting one in Paris. It's nearly impossible. Especially since one passes only ever so often, if you missed one, who knew how long you would be waiting until there was another. In the morning, I noticed there was an abundance of them, but once night fell they were little to no existent.

 In the morning, I noticed there was an abundance of them, but once night fell they were little to no existent