Chapter 10

The next morning I can't wrap my mind on last night

Did all those things really happen?

Though I can still slightly feel Javier's erection on my backside, I still don't want to believe it. It all feels like a hazy dream, but at the same time so vivid. As much as I want to stay locked in the hotel bedroom, I know I had to face them soon.But before I can go my cellphone rings, and it is my mom.

"How is France, honey?"

"It's great mom, It is so beautiful here," I speak to my mom over the phone. "How have you been?"

"I've been good sweetie, the lord is watching over me as he is you."

"I'm sure he is mom."

My mother is so religious, it's practically her whole life. She is ingrained from my grandparents, as she still tries to do with me, that you always had to do right by the lord because he is always watching.

She goes to church every Sunday and then spent the rest of the week praying morning, noon, and night. She even has a time schedule to tell her when it is her time to pray. And she tried to embed that same routine into me, but when she figured she couldn't get through, she shipped me off to catholic school.

"Now, sweetie, I have a wonderful surprise for you when you get back."

"What is it?" I ask excitedly.

"Well, it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now, would it?"

Now I am really curious.

It's not that my mom doesn't know how to give nice gifts, sometimes. It's just that her gifts are mostly religious. Two Christmas's ago she got me a new bible as a present. It wasn't that I didn't like it, it was that my mom never gave gifts on Christmas. She thinks it is selfish for people to give each other presents when it is the lord we should be giving to.

"Okay, mom thank you. But I have to go to bed now, I have another big day tomorrow."

"Alright, sweetie. Don't forget to pray before you go to bed. Goodnight April."

"Goodnight mom," I hang up.

Since I am no longer talking, I realize how very quiet it is in the hotel. Last night Javier said he just wanted to talk to Damien. After I got ready for bed, I wanted to check up on them, but I was so swamped I went to sleep. I slowly tiptoe out of my room, slowly opening the door trying not to make it squeak.