Chapter 18

I wake up snuggled between Damien and Javier; every muscle feeling sore and aching. By the end of round two with Damien, I barely could keep my eyes open, and collapsed from exhaustion, safely between their arms.

After already having lost the bet with Javier, it felt pointless to try to hold back my screams; and boy did I let them out. I'm pretty sure I'll have a sour throat to pay for that later. I sit up, looking at the clock next to Damien, reading eleven twenty, realizing how late it is.

I slide from between them, lifting off various limbs and crawling out of the bed while trying to keep quiet. I can't risk them waking up before I can make my escape, or they'll try to drag me back for another round. By the exquisite aching of my insides, I could not possibly take any more. I scour the floor for my clothes, looking for my underwear before realizing that Javier had shredded it anyways.

I silently, grab my clothes and tiptoe out of the bedroom, taking one last look at their sleeping forms. I quickly slip on my clothes, then head to the couch for my purse.

Crap!

Cary drove us here, so that means that my car is still at work. "Great! How am I supposed to get home?"

I hear a buzzing coming from inside my bag from someone calling me. I quickly try to the answer the phone before it makes too much noise and wakes up Damien or Javier.

"Hello?"

"Oh my god April, I've been calling you all night where have you been?"

"Me where have you been!" I shout over the phone before remembering to be quiet. "You weren't at work. What happened?" I whisper.

"Something not good. I really need to talk to you." I can hear slight sobbing on the other end.

"Trin what happened? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not! I really need to talk to you."

She sounds so distraught she was beginning to scare me. "Of course! Where?"

"I'm at some random restaurant on Collins Ave."

"Okay, I'll be right there," I quickly grab my purse heading for the front double doors. "Everything is going to be alright."

I hang up heading for the elevator. Since I'm heading down, I don't need to put the code in; which is great because I don't know it anyways and would be trapped up here otherwise. When I reach the lobby, Katherine is no longer guarding the front desk. Thank god for that too. I'm sure she would be able to tell what happened upstairs with me and the guys, and the last thing I need is her giving me more looks.

I exit the building and hail a cap, heading to go find Trinity.

~

I finally reach the restaurant that Trinity is in. I find her sitting at the restaurant's bar, nursing a drink. She called in sick to work and I really wanted to know if she was ok. She's sitting at the bar alone staring at her phone screen.

"Hey Trinity," I pat her on the shoulder to get her attention, but she jumps startled.
"Whoah! I didn't mean to scare you there."