Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I was unable to sleep that night. The day's events overtaking my dreams every time I try to close my eyes, making for a restless night. The next morning, I wake up really early to prepare myself to confront Mark. No way am I going to let him get away with what he did last night. However, he has still locked himself in his room. I bang on his door, for almost twenty minutes, trying to get him to come out, but he does not. I do not understand how he could possibly do something like that to Trinity. I also try calling Trinity a few times, but each time I do not get an answer. This situation has really gotten out of hand, and I do not know how to fix it. I cannot stop thinking that part of this is my fault somehow. I knew how Mark was like, and I did not warn, or even try to tell, Trinity that Mark did not see them as seriously as she had thought. Or that he was with other people too.

Ugh, I am such a bad friend.

I have been so absorbed with my Javier and Damien drama, I totally neglected my friends. Well, not today. Mark is going to get a piece of my mind, and there is no running away from it this morning. I will pull him by the balls and make him go apologize if I have to. I am going to go make coffee when a pounding starts coming from the front door.

What the heck is going on? I do not need more drama right now.

I was hoping to find Trinity there angry and ready to drag Mark by the balls to apologize, so I would not have to do it. However, I open the door to find Damien and Javier, arms crossed and glaring.

"Oh, mon Dieu!"

Javier rushes up hugging me, almost knocking me over and practically squeezing the life out of me.

"You had me worried sick."

"What are you guys doing here?"

"You left!"

Javier shouts, inviting himself in.

"Why did you leave?" Damien questions, following Javier in uninvited.

Great! This is just what I need; more drama.

"So?"

They both turn and face me, arms cross confrontationally.

I go to close the door to avoid eye contact.

"Well...um... you see a lot happened yesterday. And I thought it would be best if I... you know, gave us all some space so we had time to think."

"Well, you thought wrong."

Damien comes to me, turning me around to face them.

"We had a deal. You lost, and we won, so no more hiding or running away. I'm serious April. The games end now!"

"I know but-"

"No buts," Javier pipes up, "it is a done deal."

"Okay! Okay! Besides, it wasn't all my fault. I had an emergency I had to deal with."

As if on cue, Mark comes out of his room growling, reminding me of a bear coming out from hibernation. His hair is all tussled up and it looks like he has been drinking with his bloodshot eyes. I also scan him and realize that he is as naked as the day he was born.

"What the hell is all this fucking noise!" he grumbles running his hand through his hair.

He finally opens his eyes and they land on Damien and Javier, who have faced away from me to look at him.