Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Sunday arrives and it is for the first time that my mother did not come to annoy Mark and me. My relationship with Mark has gotten better since we talked, and thankfully everything, with us, has gone back to normal. After the whole dilemma last night, I was so emotionally drained that I crashed the moment I arrived home. However, I could not find peace or solace in my sleep. My mind kept circling back to Damien and Javier and now Jeremy. Everything was so simple with us last night. It just felt normal.

Why can't my relationship with Damien and Javier be like that? Because it's not normal! But do I even want normal?

"Ugh!"

The annoying thoughts won't stop circling around my head. I am barely able to get a decent four hours of sleep before I am forced to wake up because of the blaring sun and loud noises coming from the kitchen. When I finally manage to drag myself out of bed to find Trinity and Mark laughing. Mark is making a horrendous mess with his attempt to cook what is supposed to be pancakes while Trinity is laughing away.

I see they are doing better.

"April you're awake," Mark says putting some burnt pancakes on a plate. "Pancake?"

"Umm... that's okay."

He shrugs his shoulder and continues doing his weird dancing while he resumes cooking.

"So, what is with all the noise? Why is everyone all of a sudden up so early?"

"Early?" Trinity says looking at me in confusion. "Girl, it's ten."

"Seriously?"

"You've been knocked out since I've been here."

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I have nothing to do today. What about you guys?"

"Mark is taking to visit his parents," Trinity says excitedly. "We're going to have lunch and hopefully tell them about... you know."

Trinity pats her stomach.

"Wow! You sure you guys are ready?"

Mark and his mother do not exactly have a great relationship. She is definitely a hard woman to please. Mark's father, however, is such a gentle and sweet man. It's a wonder how a benevolent man like that ended up with a woman like Mrs. O'Brian.

"I mean I'm nervous," Mark says. "But I'm ready. I want Trinity and I to be official."

Mark and Trinity share a glance and smile secretly at each other.

Must be nice.

"Speaking off. We should leave now honey. I want to make sure we have time to stop by the studio."

Trinity stands from the stool and comes over to give me a hug.

"I'm sure everything will work out," she whispers referring to the Damien and Javier situation I had confided in her about days ago.

"You can handle this right April," Mark says, motioning to the giant mess that he has created.

      "Oh, yeah. Just leave me here with all the mess," I tell him sarcastically.

But if he heard the sarcastic tone in my voice, he didn't acknowledge it. He simply said "thanks" and they were both out the door. I sat at home for the majority of the afternoon going over my Damien and Javier dilemma. But the more I thought about it, the angrier I became.

Oh my god! This is not even about me. This is about them! They are trying to impose their controlling tendencies onto me as if I am the problem. They're the one who started this whole thing and they are acting like I am the one who was trying to play games... oh, they are good! And to think, this whole time... I...