NEWS UPDATE: USC VP TEMPORARILY ASSUMES PRESIDENCY

USC VP TEMPORARILY ASSUMES PRESIDENCY

by Ambrielle Zeferino

University Student Council (USC) Vice President Castiel Seville has taken his oath as acting president of the highest governing student organization.

Under Article V, Section 3, Subsection A of Elysian University's Constitution and By-laws, the vice president shall discharge the powers and duties of the presidency in the event of the incumbent's temporary incapacity.

While roaming the campus fair, USC President Priam Torres was stabbed ten times by an armed visitor. He was rushed to the hospital and is currently in a comatose state.

His attacker was soon identified as Brandon Cabrera, a former Business Administration student and runningmate of disqualified presidential candidate Candice Delavin in the 2021 student council elections.

With Torres' fate undetermined, it's now a question if Seville will permanently assume the presidency. Since taking his oath, he has not appeared in public nor given any press briefing.

Before serving as acting president, Seville was elevated to the vice presidency after former vice president Valeria Encarnacion stepped down due to the coercion controversy.

#