CHAPTER L: Surge of Hope (Castiel)

A/N: This chapter contains a major turn of events. Please be mindful of readers who haven't reached this part yet.

 Please be mindful of readers who haven't reached this part yet

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

CASTIEL

IT LOOKED like I was not the only one who knew how to create drama.

Last night, I was alone in the USC office, printing three letters in Sabrina's cubicle and signing them off. Tabitha left early because she wanted to party with her friends while the junior officers left around six. My phone buzzed twice. I checked the alerts and read the breaking news notification from The Herald. Apparently, Alaric the Prick got attacked in the car park.

My first reaction? Well deserved! Finally, someone got fed up with him and decided to take action. Just to be clear, that wasn't me, okay? Witnesses claimed that two masked students assaulted him then ran away. My left leg would not allow me to run or even walk that fast.

Then an intriguing realization dawned on me. Ever since I started my direct attacks on that prick, almost everyone had turned their collective focus on him. After my interview with The Herald and Valeria's confirmation of my claims, he began to be heavily criticized and closely scrutinized by some students on campus. Even some Herald columnists joined the chorus. To add a cherry on top, I started a conspiracy theory anonymously on SchoolBuzz.

Alaric the Prick was driven into a corner. No amount of denial could easily wash the stain away. My words tarnished his image permanently in the minds of some students. Would that mean he no longer had any way out? No. He could slither away from this mess. And he seemingly found the perfect exit.

Our three junior officers were sitting around the lounge while watching CampusTV, so I decided to check what's up. Oh, yeah. There's a press conference from the AEGIS Party. On screen was a councilor from the College of Arts and Sciences, speaking about last night's incident. Behind him were the three chairpersons from CCJE, CEA, and CON.

"We're pleased to inform you that CBA-CSC Chairperson Alaric Esteban is recovering from his injuries," the spokesperson announced. "He has sustained a concussion on the back of his head, some scratches on the face, and some bruises on his body. The doctor said that these are not serious, but he advised him to take a rest."

I kind of wished that his head injuries made him lose his memories or knocked some sense into him. Shame that The Herald's post did not publish a close up picture of him. I would pay to see his damaged face.

"We condemn in the strongest terms the violence that has occurred on campus," the spokesperson went on. "We also condemn the people who used divisive rhetoric that most likely encouraged some students to do others harm. This incident happened only days after USC Acting President Castiel Seville had made some absurd accusations toward Mr. Esteban. We do not know the motives of the attackers, but we firmly believe that they did this unspeakable act because of the acting president's claims. Thus, we demand Mr. Seville to retract his statements and apologize to our party chair."

Play The King: Act Twoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें