The meteor activates Part 1

Chase woke up with the daylight. As he got up and headed towards the door, he suddenly sped up and collided with it with a loud bang. Skye woke up abruptly and looked questioningly at Chase lying by the door.

Skye: Are you okay?

Chase: Yes.

He shook his head and stood up.

Skye: What happened?

Chase: I don't know, suddenly I felt like I became super fast.

The dogs' paws began to glow. They looked at each other and smiled. Chase went outside and ran a lap around the tower. Ryder had just stepped out the door when Chase ran past him, slowing down when he noticed the boy.

Chase: Good morning, Ryder.

He stood in front of Ryder and wagged his tail vigorously.

Ryder: Good morning, Chase. I see you have your superpowers back. You know what this means?

Ryder smiled and looked at Menta's house.

Chase: Yes!

He knocked on Menta's door, who had just woken up.

Menta: Good morning. What's all the excitement about?

She yawned and looked at her brother with tired eyes. He grabbed her and took her to Ryder in an instant. The girl thought she was dreaming. There was a giant meteor in front of her.

Menta: Ryder, is this what I'm thinking?

She looked at Ryder with a questioning expression.

Ryder: If you're thinking it's a super meteor, then yes.

Menta placed her paw on the meteor, and... nothing happened. The girl looked at the man questioningly, but no one understood why Menta didn't gain superpowers.

Foggy Valley:

Harold also noticed that the meteor had activated. He regained some power. As usual, he started looking for a piece of the meteor.

Mr. Humdinger: Harold, are you looking for meteor pieces again?

Harold rolled his eyes but didn't say a word. Mr. Humdinger laughed and continued.

Mr. Humdinger: But this one will be mine, right? I'll be the super mayor.

Harold: Uncle, please, I am the super mayor, or I will be once I find that piece.

Mr. Humdinger: By the way, what do you plan to do afterward? The super pups will take everything away from you anyway.

Harold thought, he hadn't thought it through this much.

Harold: I know now.

An eerie smile appeared on Harold's face, scaring his uncle. He took a step back and stumbled over the cat carrier.

Harold: I swear I'll kill the super pups. All of them with superpowers.

Mr. Humdinger: Harold, are you sure that's a good idea?

Harold held his head, not saying a word, just continuing the search. A plan had formed in his mind; only the details were missing.

Lookout Tower:

Ryder was working to figure out why Menta had no powers. Meanwhile, the dogs played, though Menta didn't show it, tearing apart the knowledge that she was different. She just wondered why she didn't have superpowers. She watched the frisbee fly and imagined herself flying, although she knew that was Skye's ability. She wondered what ability she could have gained. She pondered until the frisbee almost hit her, but she caught it just in time. She enjoyed the game but knew that since they weren't super pups, they probably wouldn't need her.