Skase Part 16

After lunch, Skye went out and sat down behind the tower on the hill. Chase followed because he was concerned about his girlfriend.

Chase: Everything alright?

Tears filled Skye's eyes, overwhelmed by the flood of memories. She hugged Chase and burst into tears. The pressure on her was too much to bear. Chase hugged her back, and they sat like that for a few minutes while Skye cried it out. Tears began to well up in Chase's eyes too. Gathering strength, he spoke in a serious but caring tone.

Chase: What's wrong?

Skye took a deep breath and released herself from the embrace.

Skye: I... I... I just... miss them.

She tried to stay strong but couldn't finish the sentence. The German Shepherd rested her head against the Cockapoo's head, which helped Skye calm down a bit.

Skye: I just miss my family. But you know.

The boy pulled the girl close and embraced her.

Chase: I'm... uh... we are your family.

He kissed her head and then leaned his own against hers. The girl spoke softly.

Skye: I love you.

They looked into each other's eyes, and Chase touched his nose to Skye's, making her blush. Their gazes locked, and Chase got lost in Skye's pink eyes. Then he responded softly.

Chase: I love you too.

They kissed, and suddenly they heard Chase's name.

Menta: CHASE! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS HERE RIGHT NOW, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO WITH YOU!

The two lovers laughed as they touched foreheads.

Chase: I think Menta is getting impatient with me.

The girl nodded in agreement.

Skye: I think so too.

Chase headed towards the voice and glanced back at Skye.

Chase: Aren't you coming?

Skye followed, and now both of them were heading towards a quite angry German Shepherd. Menta's eyes were practically burning. When they were within earshot, Menta shouted.

Menta: GET OVER HERE!!

Menta stood in front of the door. Inside, the dogs and Rider didn't dare to move, except for Jager, who went to Menta.

Jager: What happened?

Menta glared at him with sharp eyes, causing him to retreat to the others. Menta turned her head back towards her brother, who was already on edge.

Chase: Listen, I don't know...

Menta interrupted him.

Menta: Don't start.

She tried to lower her voice.

Chase flattened his ears and remained silent. Menta took a deep breath and started again in a calmer and slightly softer tone.

Menta: Listen, I don't care if you come into my doghouse.

She raised her voice a bit.

Menta: But I won't allow anyone to touch my stuff. Not even you.

The boy understood what was going on and started to explain.

Chase: Menta, I... I didn't mean to... I thought you wouldn't even notice.

Menta began to growl.

Menta: That's not an excuse.

Chase searched for the right words.