Two boy, one girl Part 7

Morning came, and everyone woke up knowing they were going home. Back to Adventure Bay. Jager was already eager to get to know Adventure Bay. Everything between Chase and Skye was clarified. After breakfast, everyone was ready to leave. Liberty didn't join them back to Adventure Bay.

Rubble: Why don't you come with us, Liberty? 

Liberty: Oh, they need me here, but it was good to see you all again. 

The two dogs smiled at each other. Ryder spoke up.

Ryder: Rubble, let's go. 

Rubble: Bye. I'll miss you. 

Liberty: Bye, you too.

Rubble liked Liberty, and Liberty liked Rubble, but they couldn't admit it to each other. Rubble hopped into the pup vehicle and watched Liberty fade in the distance. Menta also looked out the window, staring into nothingness rather than at someone or something. Jager was still thinking about the evening and the feeling that arises when talking to Menta or simply looking at her. He didn't understand it, but he wanted to.

Chase: Menta, everything okay? 

Menta seemed to snap back to reality.

Menta: Y-yes, of course. Why wouldn't it be? 

Chase: Oh, nothing. You just looked like something was wrong. 

Menta rolled her eyes and continued staring out the window. Although she felt someone was watching her, she didn't know who or why, and she didn't really care.

When they arrived, Everest and Rex were waiting for them. After they landed, Marshall went over to Everest. Menta had mixed feelings seeing Rex again. She didn't understand what was happening, as if she were at a crossroads. The pups unpacked and started playing, except for three of them: Rex, Menta, and Jager. Ryder guided Jager around, and Menta and Rex talked.

Rex: How was Adventure City? 

Menta: Well, it wasn't that bad. 

Rex: Who's this dog? 

Suddenly, Menta felt the same feeling she had when she got to know Rex better. As if something bad were happening.

Menta: Jager. The newest member. A spy or something scary. Why? 

Although Rex and Menta weren't together, Rex really liked her and couldn't stand the thought of her being with someone else.

Rex: Well, he just looked at you. 

At this point, Menta interrupted.

Menta: I don't understand what you mean. 

Then, Jager appeared on the horizon, and Menta and the others headed towards him. Rex didn't want to talk to him; he just stayed to find out who this dog was.

Jager: Hi, I'm Jager. 

Jager extended his paw towards Rex, and Rex shook it.

Rex: Hi, I'm Rex. 

Rex wasn't too fond of Jager, and Jager didn't like Rex either. The two boys stared at each other as if they could kill with their eyes. Menta wasn't there anymore when the two boys caught her attention. Chase walked up to them.

Chase: Hi, guys. Aren't you joining the game? We're playing hide and seek. 

The two dogs nodded. Now it was Rocky's turn. Everyone found a good hiding spot, except for Jager, who didn't know where to go.

He spotted a small hole among some bushes where he could fit. When he passed through, he found Menta sitting there, gazing at the sea.

Menta: How did you find this place?