Integration Part 15

Chase saw Jager walk into Menta's doghouse. He had long suspected that there was something between them. Skye noticed the German Shepherd paying close attention to something.

Skye: What are you looking at?

She asked kindly.

Chase: I think there's more between Menta and Jager than just friendship.

The girl looked at the boy questioningly.

Skye: What do you mean?

Chase was about to explain when they heard a noise behind them.

Smeerder: Hi, guys. What's up?

The police dog wasn't thrilled about being interrupted in their conversation.

Skye: Hi. We were just talking. By the way, where did you come from?

The labrador sat down.

Smeerder: From a nearby town called Toyville.

At this point, Chase, in an annoyed and somewhat angry tone, spoke up.

Chase: Great. I think the others would love to meet you too.

This was a pretty strong signal from Chase for Smeerder to leave them. The labrador understood it right away.

Smeerder: Oh, yeah, you're right. Okay, see you.

He hurriedly walked away. At this point, Skye looked at Chase with sharp eyes.

Skye: Did you have to do that? He just wanted to make friends.

Chase: Yeah, you're right.

Then Chase continued what he started.

Chase: So, to answer your question. I mean that they spend a lot of time together, and I think they're in love with each other.

The girl was surprised and thought about the past few months.

Skye: Hmm, it's possible.

At this point, Jager stepped out of Menta's doghouse. The two dogs looked at each other and started smiling.

Smeerder went to Marshall.

Smeerder: Hi.

The dalmatian smiled at him.

Marshall: Hi.

The dalmatian took a step and tripped, knocking over Smeerder too.

Marshall: Sorry. I'm not very lucky.

The labrador got up and shook himself.

Smeerder: No problem.

He started walking again but this time went to Rocky, who was talking to Zuma.

Smeerder: Hi, guys.

The mix was pleased to see the new member walking around and getting to know everyone.

Rocky: Hi, Smeerder. How are you feeling with us so far?

Smeerder sat down.

Smeerder: Well, Skye is nice, but Chase not so much. Marshall thinks he's funny when he's not.

Zuma didn't really like how quickly Rocky and Smeerder had become friends.

Zuma: Sorry, but does it bother you that we were in the middle of a conversation?

Smeerder chuckled at Zuma's speech impediment, although he didn't want to laugh at him for it. This annoyed Zuma.

Zuma: It's not funny that I can't pronounce a letter.