Jager's past (addition)

Wait. First of all. This wasn't a planned chapter and somehow it takes place before Part 16. Thanks to Chase_sergeant for his help. I put this ahead because... I don't know, just because. Well, happy reading.

Menta woke up happily. She knew that today the two boys (Chase and Jager) were coming back from Barkingburg. In the morning, she could barely stop smiling with joy. Time passed slowly after breakfast. When they arrived, they bombarded them with questions. Menta just waited for her turn but she happily listened as the two dogs completed each other's sentences. They often laughed when they didn't agree, but other than that, it was an enjoyable conversation. Menta went to Jager when Ryder spoke up.

Ryder: Pups, it's lunchtime.

Menta rolled her eyes and headed to the lookout tower to talk to Jager after lunch. After lunch, the pups started playing, and Menta gave up on talking to Jager. She went to the secluded spot that Jager found and sat down. She pondered about everything. When Jager appeared among her thoughts, she realized that she didn't even know where the boy came from. Soon she heard movement behind her, and Jager emerged.

Jager: Everything okay?

He sat down beside the girl and hugged her. Menta looked at Jager, and the two dogs locked eyes. The boy smiled, and then the girl did too. The boy touched his nose to the girl's, then kissed her. When they let go of each other, Menta started talking.

Menta: I just wanted to talk to you all day, and it seemed like you were avoiding me.

Jager hugged Menta with apologetic eyes.

Jager: I'm sorry, I didn't even notice. I didn't mean to avoid you.

The girl pushed away from him, then looked into his eyes and kissed him, showing that she wasn't angry. The boy kissed her back without hesitation. They let go of each other, and Jager looked happily at the girl.

Jager: I'm listening now.

Menta also smiled.

Menta: I just...

Then she realized what she really wanted to talk to Jager about.

Menta: I just wanted to ask how your life was with the police? And...

Then their badge beeped.

Ryder: PAW Patrol to the lookout tower!

Pups: Ryder is need's us!

Menta wanted to go, but Jager stopped her.

Jager: What if we don't go now? Besides, I just returned from Adventure Bay recently, and we could calmly talk. What do you say?

The girl smiled, but it quickly faded.

Menta: It's not possible. Who knows, they might need me or you.

Jager immediately realized that he wouldn't convince the girl, so he went after her towards the elevator.

The pups had just woken up from where Marshall had put them. When Chase spotted them, he jokingly called out to them.

Chase: I thought you wouldn't even come here.

Jager smiled, indicating that he had thought about it. Menta just rolled her eyes. They went up and jumped out one by one.

Chase: PAW Patrol ready for action, Rider sir.

Ryder briefed them, and he called Jager, Chase, and Zuma for the mission. The two Germans went reluctantly because they were tired, but since Menta was afraid of water, she wouldn't be much help anyway. The other boys went down to play, and Skye walked over to Menta.