Zucky Part 17

Days passed, and a week flew by. They had fewer and fewer tasks, which they partly enjoyed, but on the other hand, they were starting to get bored. Zuma and Rocky sat on a secluded part of the shore, watching the water.

Rocky: It's getting warmer. Although rather slowly.

The Labrador nodded in agreement.

Zuma: Do you think there will be a mission for us in the near future?

The mix looked at his love and embraced her.

Rocky: I don't know. But at least we can spend more time together.

Zuma smiled. They looked at each other, and their eyes met. They got lost in each other's eyes as they did the first time. The Labrador leaned his head closer, and the noses of the two dogs touched. Both of their faces turned red, and then Rocky kissed Zuma. Even if the others already knew they were together, they preferred to be in a place far from the other dogs. They often sat in front of the cave next to the shore. This place was important to them because it was where they first met. Rocky could never open up to anyone, but when he met Zuma, his life completely changed. Now they embraced each other, watching the water frozen here and there, indicating that spring was approaching, although there was still snow. It snowed the previous night, and Zuma wasn't too happy about it because she couldn't go swimming.

When they were already lost in the undulating waves of the sea, their communicator beeped.

Ryder: Paw Patrol, to the lookout!

The two dogs looked at each other and started running towards the lookout tower.

Pups: Ryder is calling us.

When the two boys arrived, every dog was lying on the ground with Marshall. They went in and took the lift. They jumped out one by one, and Chase gave his little monologue.

Chase: Paw Patrol ready for action, Ryder, sir!

Ryder: I'm glad you hurried. There's big trouble. Turbo and Fransoa sailed out to photograph a bird that can only be seen during this time, but their ship got stuck in the ice. That's why we need Zuma for this mission. With your hovercraft, you'll go there and take Fransoa and Captain Turbo back to shore.

Zuma: Let's do it!

Ryder: Smeerder, we might need you if the ship's starter is frozen.

Smeerder: I'll fix it!

Ryder: Paw Patrol, ready for action!

When they reached it, Zuma took the sibling pair to the shore and then went back to help Ryder with something else. Zuma got out of the hovercraft, but when he stepped on the ice, it cracked, and a piece on which Zuma stood broke off. In fear, the boy could only say one thing.

Zuma: RYDER, HELP!

The boy looked, but at that moment, their ATV started on an ice floe.

Ryder: Pups!

The puppies gathered around the TV.

Ryder: Can any of you operate Zuma's hovercraft?

Rocky's blood froze when he realized what could have happened.

Rocky: I can. After all, I tested it and taught Zuma how to drive.

Rider: Okay, then come to the shore.

As soon as the mix got there, he got into the hovercraft, but before he set off, Ryder came up to him.

Ryder: Are you sure?

Rocky also thought about it, but he didn't wait long for an answer.

Rocky: I don't know. But I have to hurry because the water is carrying her away.

Without waiting for Ryder's answer, he stepped on the gas and headed towards the Labrador. All he could think about was that he had to save Zuma. When the mix reached the ice floe, the Labrador spoke.

Zuma: Wocky, you came fow me.

The mix jumped over to the back seat.

Rocky: I did, because I love you, but get in and take me to Rider's quad.

The Labrador nodded and they started walking. Rocky took Ryder's ATV back. After they successfully freed Flounder and returned to the lookout tower, Rocky and Zuma disappeared. Not literally, but they hid from the other dogs and Rider, as they wanted to be alone. They went back to the cave and sat there, looking at the water. They didn't say anything, just sat quietly beside each other. Zuma's sigh broke the silence. Rocky looked at her questioningly.

Rocky: Everything alright?

Then he rubbed his head against Zuma's.

Zuma: Yes. Just... you know, I've been thinking.

Zuma buried her head in Rocky's chest and closed her eyes.

Rocky: What were you thinking about?

He looked down at Zuma and gave her a kiss on the head. Then Zuma lifted her head and looked into Rocky's eyes.

Zuma: You know... I... well... just about how much I love you and how much you love me.

The mix smiled.

Rocky: Really?

The Labrador blushed.

Zuma: Well, I just thought that maybe... but only if you want to, then... um... you know.

Rocky guessed what Zuma meant, but he wanted her to say it.

Rocky: No, I don't know. But feel free to tell me.

The mix touched his nose to the Labrador's, making her blush even more.

Zuma: I was just thinking that...

Their conversation was interrupted.

Ryder: Pups, dinner!

They looked towards the water and saw the moon rising on the horizon. They looked at each other and then headed back to the lookout tower. When they arrived, they saw Everest's snow cap. They went in, had dinner, and after Marshall said something.

Marshall: I just want to tell you all that Everest and I are together.

Chase walked up to his best friend and put his paw on his shoulder.

Chase: Congratulations.

Everyone congratulated them and then started watching TV. Except for Rocky, Zuma, Menta, and Jager, everyone else watched. Menta and Jager talked in their usual spot. Rocky and Zuma were sitting in Zuma's doghouse.

Rocky: What did you want to say?

Rocky touched his nose to Zuma's again.

Zuma: Just, um... well, I don't remember now.

Rocky rolled his eyes but wanted to draw it out of Zuma. Then he gave the Labrador a kiss.

Rocky: You can tell me anything, and don't worry, whatever it is, it won't change anything.

The Labrador relaxed a bit.

Zuma: Okay. I just wanted to suggest that we could seal our relationship. But of course, only if you want to.

Rocky smiled and gave Zuma another kiss.

Rocky: I want to.

Rocky pushed Zuma onto her back, surprising her but not protesting. He lowered his head and took off Zuma's collar.

Rocky: Say you love me.

He whispered softly into the Labrador's ear.

Zuma: I love you.

Rocky licked Zuma's neck gently, then bit it carefully. The boy hissed.

Rocky: Are you okay?

The Labrador gently pushed the mix off and turned him onto his back.

Zuma: I'm perfectly fine.

The Labrador took off the collar from the mix and licked his neck, then bit it carefully. Zuma gave Rocky a kiss. The two dogs rubbed their heads together. Zuma let go of Rocky and they lay down. Rocky hugged Zuma and they fell asleep.