Life dangerPart 3

Menta: Ahh, my head. Where am I? M... mom? 

Menta saw a figure in the distance staring at her. She recognized it as her mother. 

Lena: Hi, Menta. 

Menta hugged her mother, feeling a need for her like never before. 

Menta: Mom, why am I different now? 

Lena: What do you mean? The child let go of her mother and wiped away her tears. 

Menta: Well, I mean, I didn't get any power from the meteor. 

Lena: Don't be silly. You have power; you just don't know how to use it yet. But the time for everything will come soon. 

Menta looked at Lena with questioning eyes. 

Lena: Menta, you always had superpowers; the meteor just enhanced them. Otherwise, you wouldn't have survived the flood. Just think about it. If you learn how to use it, you'll be the strongest. 

Menta: Me? But I'm not strong. I only show it to Chase so he won't be afraid. But even if I had power, it wouldn't be any better because I can't do anything. 

Tears welled up in Menta; she had to realize that she was hiding from herself. Lena hugged her and tried to comfort her. 

Lena: Menta, you are the strongest. Don't be afraid of who you are and who you can become. The only thing that matters is what you think of yourself, nothing else. But there's someone else here who wants to talk to you. 

Menta looked up and saw Lily. 

Lily: Menta. I'm glad to see you. I hope you and Rex get together. He seems like a nice guy. 

They hugged each other. 

Menta: I'm glad to see you too. I missed you, but Rex is just my friend. 

Lily smiled as she noticed Menta trying to lie to her. 

Lily: I've been watching both of you, and I've seen what I've seen. 

Lena: You need to go, Menta, and remember that you have the power; you just need to find it. 

The two girls let go of each other, and Menta started to fall. She closed her eyes and let herself go.

Menta opened her eyes, but this time there was a smile on her face. She got up and went outside the doghouse. She saw that the sun was just rising. She heard someone approaching, looked in the direction of the sound, and saw Ryder coming towards her. 

Menta: Good morning, Ryder. 

Ryder: Good morning, Menta. 

He reached the girl and petted her head. 

Menta: Morning walk? 

Ryder: I usually take a walk in the morning. But I see you're cheerful this morning. 

The girl smiled at Ryder. 

Menta: I had a dream that made me realize that power isn't always visible. 

Ryder smiled; he was happy that Menta was happy. 

Ryder: I'm glad. But now I'll go and prepare breakfast. 

Ryder left, and Menta sat there feeling happy. Suddenly, her pager beeped.

Ryder: Super pups to the lookout! 

Pups: Rider need us! 

Rubble tiredly crawled out of his house; when he reached the tower, he felt the already prepared breakfast and ate it with a gulp. Then came Marshall, knocking everyone over.