Who is he and where is he? Part 11

Menta woke up very early, her first task was to watch the sunrise. She sat calmly when Chase sat down beside her.

Chase: Menta. You told us about Mom and our siblings passing away, but you didn't mention Dad. Was he there too?

The girl knew this question would come, but she wished her brother had asked a bit later. Menta looked at Chase.

Menta: I saw him last when you were born. But as far as I know, he was a high-ranking police dog.

Chase's eyes lit up.

Chase: And where could he be now? Maybe in our hometown?

Menta hung her head and shook it.

Menta: The problem is, I have no idea. All I know is that our hometown is near a city where he either serves or served.

Chase felt disappointed. The little hope of getting to know his father was lost. Seeing this, Menta nudged Chase's side.

Menta: We have each other. Don't worry, I promise if he's still alive, you'll meet him.

Chase smiled. He was happy to have a sister he could always count on.

A few hours later. The pups were playing hide and seek, and now it was Menta's turn to count.

Menta: Ready or not, here I come!

First, she found Rocky because he accidentally knocked something over. Then, not long after, she found Rubble, then Skye, Marshall, and Zuma. However, she couldn't find Chase and Jager anywhere. While she was looking for the two dogs, her communicator flashed, and Ryder spoke.

Ryder: PAW Patrol to the Air Patroller!

Pups: Ryder needs us!

Menta: Ooooh nooo, I don't want to fly.

Jager and Chase emerged from two different places. Marshall, as always, toppled over the group. Everyone took their seats, and they lifted off the ground. Menta didn't really enjoy it, but she knew duty was duty.

Chase: Ready for action, Ryder sir!

Ryder: Good, you're just in time. Robo-Dog is in Barkingburg!

Menta and Jager looked questioningly at Ryder as the pups' seats turned towards the big TV. An animation started playing as Ryder explained the situation. Menta wasn't thrilled when Ryder listed who and why they were needed.

Ryder: Rocky! Fly over there and fix the airship before it crashes.

Rocky: Green means go!

Ryder: Menta! Although I know your previous flight wasn't very successful, we still need you. You need to find that dog before it causes more damage. Are you up for it?

Menta's eyes filled with fear from the memories that remained.

Menta: Let's fly!

Rider: We'll need the others too. Keep the airship up while Rocky repairs it! PAW Patrol is on a roll!

Everyone grabbed their pup packs and jumped out of the plane. Menta was at the end of the line. She was still afraid, but she gathered her strength and jumped too. Her wings opened, and she set off to find clues.

Menta: It's not that hard to find a dog. I don't want to fly. 

Menta spotted some police cars. People and a few dogs were by the cars. Curiosity tugged at Menta, but duty came first. She set off to continue her search for that dog. After a few minutes, she found it and started chasing.

Menta: STOP! 

She yelled. She could have flown faster, but she didn't dare. She gathered strength because she knew she couldn't catch it any other way.