Evershall Part 13

Menta woke up to a loud squeal and a strong headache. She carefully moved away from the still sleeping Jager and sat up. Looking around, she saw that everyone was still asleep. Menta just sat there, trying to figure out what the sound she heard was and why her head hurt so much. Jager also woke up. He looked at the sitting girl and sat up as well.

Jager: Menta.

He called out, but Menta couldn't hear because of the squealing. She held her head with one paw and tried to support herself with the other so she wouldn't fall over.

Jager: Menta? Are you okay?

Jager nudged Menta's shoulder a little. The girl looked at him, but the pain only intensified. Jager could see that something was wrong with Menta. Suddenly, she started pressing her ears to the ground. Jager just sat there and waited to see what would happen. The squealing in Menta's head started to fade, and a few seconds later, it stopped altogether. The pain hadn't gone away completely, but it had lessened. Jager helped Menta sit up.

Jager: Are you okay now?

Menta: Yes.

The boy hugged the girl.

Jager: What happened?

Menta smiled.

Menta: I woke up to a sharp squeal and a headache.

At this point, Jager interjected.

Jager: But are you okay now?

Jager let go of Menta and looked into her eyes.

Menta: Yes... well, I can't hear the squealing anymore, but my head still hurts a bit.

The two dogs smiled at each other, and then Menta turned her head, and they saw Chase sitting up and yawning.

Menta walked over to him.

Menta: So, you're awake?

Chase looked at his sister with sleepy eyes.

Chase: Yeah.

He could only manage to say that much in the middle of a yawn. Menta chuckled. Jager also walked over to the two dogs and sat down next to Menta.

Jager: So, when do you think the others will wake up?

As he said this, Ryder's phone started ringing.

The kid woke up immediately.

Ryder: Hello, Mrs. Goodway.

He said, not appearing tired at all.

Mrs. Goodway: Ryder, we have a problem! A truck has overturned and is blocking the road to Adventure Bay, so no one can get in or out!

Ryder: Don't worry, ma'am, we're on our way! There's no truck too big or pup too small! PAW Patrol to the lookout!

All the pups jumped up as if they hadn't been asleep at all.

Pups: Ryder's need's us!

They ran to the elevator. Marshall, as usual, knocked everyone over. The elevator went up, and they all jumped out one by one.

Chase: Ready for action, Ryder, sir!

Ryder pressed his phone and started the animation.

Ryder: Good thing you hurried. A truck has overturned, blocking the road to Adventure Bay!

Skye: That's terrible.

Ryder: I know. That's why we need to hurry, because as long as the truck is there, no one can get in or out.