Chapter Two

Rowena had told the boys that she was a witch. The next few paragraphs wrote out all the lovely details of that encounter, allowing the reader to be a fly on the wall. The books written by Chuck were their biographies after all. The Winchester Gospels. Every last word was written there for the world to read.

And she had once been a part of that world.

Following Dean's explosion of anger, this time directed at her, Alex had fled the bunker. She spent the the next hour driving in no specific direction, ignoring the speed limit signs that flew past. She had finally pulled over after the sun had long disappeared and she could no longer see through her tears. She'd been witness to Dean's anger before, but had never been the cause or recipient.

But as terrible and hurtful he had been, it hadn't compared to the pain and slight betrayal she felt when Sam had sided with Dean. Alex wasn't stupid, she knew the brother's bond was one of the most solid things in the history of the worlds, but she had thought, just for a moment at least, that Sam would at the very least, understand her situation.

He knew what it felt like to be the outsider, to be looked at as a freak. Though Sam hadn't been aware of her witch powers, he had still admitted to her that he felt a bond with her. One that he never seemed to be able to find with Dean. Alex had assumed Sam would be the understanding one; the one to give her a chance.

But he had stood beside Dean, refusing to look her in the eye, and explained that in hindsight, he saw and understood that by not telling Dean the truth, he'd ended up screwing everything up. Sam claimed to be understanding but made it clear that neither of the brothers could trust her anymore. How could they know she hadn't already screwed things up?

Parked on the side of the road that night, sat in the gravel with her back against the side of her beat up car, Alex cried out to the darkness in anger and pain. She hadn't expected an answer, let alone one in the form of the devil himself.

The sound of someone 'tsking' caused Alex's tear stained face to shoot up, her hands reflexively snapping up in front of her, ready to recite the words necessary to defend herself.

"Whoa, whoa. Easy there, pumpkin." The tall man chuckled, raising his hands in surrender. "I just wanted to see if you were all right."

Alex slowly lowered her hands, using them instead to lift herself off the ground into a standing position. "I'm fine." She cast a quick glance around her to determine where this man might've come from. "You can continue on your way, thanks."

The blonde man looked at her, tilting his head slightly as he studied her. "Tempting." He nodded his head side to side in faux contemplation as his nose scrunched up. "Think I'm gonna pass."

Alex immediately flung a shot of power towards the strange man before darting around the back of the car towards the driver side door. As she went to grab the handle, she suddenly collided with the solid form of a man. Looking up, Alex's eyes widened as she realized the solid form belonged to the man she had just attacked. How the hell was he standing in front of her? Her eyes shot back and forth between the man in front of her and where he had just been standing two seconds ago.

"Hey, hold up, sweetheart. I'm only here to help. You're the one that called me. No need to go shooting off angry balls of fury."

"Who are you?" Alex demanded, taking a step away from the man.

"Oh, wait. Hold on, I know this line," he said, holding up a finger as he looked up at the sky in thought. His face lit up with a smile. "Oh, right, that's it," he said with a snap of his fingers. "I'm your fairy godmother."

Alex couldn't control the humorless chuckle that left her lips at this crazy man's antics. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Well, correct me if I'm wrong here--and trust me, I'm not-- but you just had your heart broken by two guys who claimed to be your family." He gave Alex an exaggerated sympathy face, his lower lip sticking out dramatically.