Chapter Nineteen

Alex reached out, grabbing Sam's arm, to keep herself from falling at the sudden shift of environment. She allowed herself a moment for her brain to calibrate to the new environment before she released her grip on the hunter's arm.

Opening her eyes, she slowly took in the room she now stood in. A feeling came over her as she took in the familiar sights, sounds, and smells of the bunker's library. It was crazy to think that nothing had changed in the over 200 years she'd been on her own world. But here, she'd only been gone for roughly two months. Alex's brain felt like it wanted to cramp just thinking about trying to figure out that math. No thanks.

Movement towards the back of the room caught her eye. Cas stood at the end of the row of tables, his intense gaze focused on her. Sat beside him was Rowena, a large black book open before her; Crowley rounding out the group sat in the corner chair, a glass of amber liquid in his hand.

"Hello, love." The King of Hell raised a cheers to their arrival.

"Gang's all here, huh?" She asked, watching as Sam and Dean moved farther into the room, each taking a seat at the table with Rowena. Alex remained frozen to the spot she arrived in. Everything felt awkward and out of place. It had only been a couple months or so for time passed here. But she had lived through two hundred years with never seeing a single person now gathered in the room, continuing on as if they'd just come back from a quick trip to the grocery store.

The only person who remained as frozen as her was Cas. The angel remained in his own spot, eyes never straying from her person. Awkwardly, Alex gave a small wave and smile to him. "Hi, Cas."

Sam looked up when he heard Alex's softly spoken words. He gave her a reassuring smile and waved her over. Alex made her way over, taking a seat in the chair Sam had pulled out for her. He gave her another small smile before returning his attention to the others. "Did anything happen while we were gone?"

"Not much. The parents weren't gone long enough for the kids to throw their party," Crowley spoke up from the corner.

Dean rolled his eyes at the demon. "How long were we gone?"

"No more than fifteen minutes. How long was it for you?" Cas' eyes narrowed in curiosity.

"Almost two days?" Sam estimated, looking to Dean who nodded in agreement.

"How was the field trip to Alex's world? Was it all puppies and rainbows?" Crowley took a sip of his drink.

"Well, it plays by different supernatural rules, that's for sure." Dean shook his head as he thought on everything he'd learned in the other world. Though his words brought him looks of curiosities from the three that had stayed behind, it wasn't the time for other world explanations.

Finally finding her voice, Alex spoke up, addressing the other witch in the room. "Sam and Dean mentioned some spells for getting Lucifer back in his cage?" She hoped her voice hadn't betrayed how frightened she was about all of this.

The red-headed witch gave Alex a bright smile. The last she'd known of Rowena, the witch was very private and held her cards very close to the chest. So it came as a slight shock when she openly shared what she'd learned of certain spells that could work against the devil. It didn't take a genius to realize that Rowena's sharing of knowledge was self-preservation. If one of the oldest and most powerful and cunning witches Alex had ever known was willingly coming to her and sharing spells like they were the local town gossip- it was bad. So very very bad.

That thought brought a mounting pressure to Alex's chest.

She held tight to Damon's ring hanging from the chain around her neck. The memory of him helped to ease her worries and bring her a peace she was grateful for.