Chapter Fifteen

Alex returned to the bedroom she'd woken up in, quickly showering in the attached bath, and threw on the extra pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt she'd brought with her. Feeling much better and more awake, she made her way back to the kitchen. She smiled happily as her nose picked up the wonderful scent of food.

Entering the kitchen, she paused, leaning against the door frame, to take in the rather domestic scene. Damon had her back to the room while he worked at the sink; Stefan was dishing food onto plates at the kitchen island; Sam and Alaric stood off to the side excitedly discussing something. And then there was Dean. Surprisingly, she found Dean leaning back against the counter beside the sink, arms crossed over his chest, seeming to be in a pleasant conversation with Damon.

Hearing her presence, Damon shot her a glance over his shoulder during a pause in his conversation with Dean. "Feeling better, Ally?"

Alex pushed herself off the door frame and walked further into the kitchen, pulling the sleeves of her shirt down over her palms. "Much. Thank you. For being such an old house, you guys have amazing water pressure. Between the heavenly beds and amazing water pressure, I think I might just have to move in." Alex joked as she reclaimed her empty coffee cup and filled it.

"Glad to know you found my bed and shower so pleasantly accommodating." Dean and Sam both choked on their sips of coffee at Damon's cocky statement. Alex, very much used to Damon's antics, easily responded just as casually. "Guess you'll have to find yourself a new room, D." 

"Or maybe we could just share," Damon smirked. Alex just shot him a smirk of her own before turning her attention to the others in the room. The thought that she had spent the night in Damon's bed somehow didn't phase her. Instead of feeling embarrassment about it, she found the thought comforting and natural feeling. Huh. Okay, then.

After allowing the boys to finish with the food prep, the group of them sat down together to eat. It was slightly jarring to Alex's reality to look around the table and see the Salvatore brothers and Alaric enjoying a semi-relaxed meal next to Sam and Dean Winchester.

"Hey, isn't that Dean's shirt?" Sam spoke up during a lull in the conversation. Alex's brows furrowed as she looked down at her shirt. Huh. Was it?

"You mean to tell me, that's where my Led Zeppelin shirt disappeared to?" Dean huffed out with amused annoyance. "I blamed Cas for stealing it. Damn, that thing looks good for having been around for a few hundred years."

Alex gave Dean a confused smile. "Why would Cas steal your shirt? Also," she wiggled her fingers, "Magic comes in handy."

Alaric pointed at her shirt while looking at Dean confused. "You know what her shirts are all about? She keeps wearing these shirts and hoodies. Led Zeppelin, AC/DC. I take it that's something from your world? Because I've got no idea what they mean."

Dean's mouth dropped, his eyes shooting to Alex. "No. Don't tell me they don't have the Zeppelin here. And no AC/DC? How have you survived?"

Alex clicked her tongue in response. "No Zeppelin or AC/DC. They've got Bob Dylan and Tears for Fears." Dean scrunched his nose at that. "But some of the Greats are depressingly absent from this world. Their TV options aren't much better. No Dr. Sexy here either."

Alex couldn't help the amused laugh that escaped when Dean dramatically dropped his fork onto his plate and leaned back in his chair. "It's a good thing we're here. We can save you from this monstrosity of a world. No Dr. Sexy? Who was evil enough to think up that one?" Sam laughed lightly at his brother's antics. Smiling at the brothers, it was almost like old times for Alex. She wished this moment could continue on. Unfortunately, life waits for no man.