19- She misses me

SHAHID SAIF

Secretary Arun, knocks on my office door. He informs me that Nihala is waiting to have a word with me. I ask him if it's work-related and he say's he's not sure.

I accept her visit as Arun lets her in and closes the door behind him. She greets me, and i greet her back. I don't want to be involved in her so-called marriage.

She discusses work with me and to provide the items for their group and i agree to it. I was relieved it wasn't anything personal. But she refuses to say anything until i look at her.

"Is there anything else to discuss?" I inquire causing her stand up, and she replies; "Yes, about our marriage..... I would like you to agree on it, because our marriage would be beneficial to both your company as well as me."

"Have you even listened to what i said last time?" I raise my voice, making her flinch. I state; "Listen carefully, Nihala. It's not like we like each other and we don't need to force ourselves to get something in exchange." I said softly because i know, Nihala is a capable woman who can understand what we say.

Plus, i don't want to raise my voice at any woman, let alone Nihala. She hasn't completely crossed the line, so i can understand what she's going through. So I'll just give a little heads up.

"B-but we can just get into a contractual marriage first and can divorce later if you don't fall for me yet." She says making me stand from the chair and take a deep breath.

Calm down, you can't tell Nihala that you already met a girl with whom you wan to spend the rest of your life. If they find out, they'll go after Shifa.

"Save your heart for Naseeb. Don't waste your life on temporary people; Allah has created a soul just for you." I state making her lower her head and wish me goodbye. She leaves my office room finally letting me to take over my seat and finish off my work.

Nihala is not a big deal, my Uncle is the real deal. He is forcing her to do this for his own benefits. Nihala is my so-called Uncle's friend's daughter. So if our marriage works out it will be a huge deal for him even though we don't like each other. There is not a person who is as cunning as my Uncle.

^-^-^-^

"Let's go!!" Ishan says as i drive my Dodge car speeding. And Ishan with his bike next to my car. It was already 2 a.m, and our pain relief is only this. Ishan riding on his bike, along with the speed and me with my car. Just our things.

I wanted to clear my head by drifting and racing with Ishan who is speeding with his bike. If he rides when he's really having a bad time, I'll feel like a mosquito riding beside me who speeds right away and disappearing into thin air until i catch him.

Today he keep up with me along with the other cars on the main road. We drove our vehicle at high speeds, aand eventually reaching our limit.

We arrived at a playground near his home. As i get out of my car, I see Ishan take off his bike gear and sitting at our daily spot to have a talk and open up to each other about whatever is bothering us.

"So, care to say what's bothering you man?" He questions and i raise my eyebrow at him and eventually giving up. I really can't hide anything from him.

"Haa..." I sigh; "I really can't keep this up. Uncle is attempting to connect with Nihala. I assumed he was just stirring us joking that we'd be a couple one day but..... It's been so freaking long i saw him. But i'm sure he is the one behind Nihala's change of heart. I feel like he is brainwashing her to make me marry and fall for her."

This explanation prompted Ishan to jump in front of me quirking his brow and asking if i want to meet uncle. Nope, i refuse to meet up with someone who is on bad terms with my parents, as well as the person who i assume to be responsible for our downfall.

And of course i don't want to meet him, he did request me to meet up but i refused. "So you haven't opened up to her?" Ishan inquires, as i respond "Not yet, i haven't open up to that with my therapist."

A sigh leaving from me as well as him. "Should i step forward to find that mystery? Wanna find it together?" Ishan states making me super glace at him; "Well you know i'm good at this technology stuff, and I've improved a lot, so i can figure it out for my friend."

"Y-you? I even hired those idiots to find it out but they said all the CCTV cameras at that location had been cleared and couldn't find it out" I say as he responds; "Haha, I'm pretty sure there will be other ways to find it out, what if we check the records at that hospital and not CCTV camera's."

"That makes sense, I haven't thought about it but, how?" I say sighing again. "You can count on me, mahnn! I'm here why are you worried" He says, patting my shoulder. "Yes, let's work on it together. By the way what happened, you seemed to be in a really good mood while riding." I state.

"Well, i met Nahima again!" He states making me more curious about it. "AND?" I ask prompting him to explain everything.

"While riding my bike in the evening, i came across a girl in my most favorite bike, the Kawasaki Ninja 300. It was ridden by beginners. At a red light, I was staring at her bike when she vroomed her bike, snapping me out.

And i quickly nodded and looked away, because it was a girl. I'm not sure why i seemed very shy. I've seen many girls riding bikes but this one stood out. Most girls used to be in their crop-tops, but this girl was completely covered in an oversized hoodie.

Green light and i was spacing other vehicles with the atmost speed, i notice the same bike racing alonside me. She tapped her head signalling there will be a cop so we both slow down. It was another red light, I asked her if she was new in this field and she replied; 'Nah, i usually drive at night but today my adrenaline told me to drive in the daylight haha'.

She even mentioned that there would be a cop in that road alley and warned me. I thanked her and said that it's my first time in that alley."

His explanation made sense but- "How did you know that was nahima?" I prompt the question at him, and he responds, "Her sound seemed familiar, and while talking,  i looked at her eye, it was her!"

"And you didn't bother telling her it was you" I asked while he repiled "Nah man, she seemed in a hurry so i didn't talk to her any further. She wished me luck on my ride and we parted our ways.

I could see a spark in his eye as he spoke about her. I haven't seen this spark in his eyes since i met him. "By any chance do you like her kiddo?" I ask him and he refuse telling he wouldn't fall for her.

"Why not? she is a good person and I can see those spark in your eye when you talked about her." I state as he refuse even more. Haha, he's still not accepting his heart after what happened with his ex. Can understand it's the same thing for Shifa too, i guess.

We exchange our goodbyes. I drove my car to my house while he rode his bike back home.

^-^-^-^

After a refreshing bath, i went straight to bed, which is when i noticed a notification on my phone.

Her: You already dead asshole stalker?

Her text made me smile without reason, as a wicked smile form on my lips. So she really did miss me. Aww, my princess misses me. I reply to her text.

Me: Tryna provoke me Princess? Wanna resume halal cat and mouse duet? Don't woryy, i planned something new apart from this halal haunting adeline version.

I'm pretty sure my princess is already asleep now so she won't reply. I lay down to catch a little sleep. I'm gonna have face-to-face with her tomorrow.

^-^-^-^

"Postpone my business meeting for tomorrow" I tell Arun as he reply "Yes sir" and closes the door behind him. I have a therapy session with her today at 4 p.m., and I have informed her secretary that I will be attending in person.

Before heading to her workplace, i stop by a flower shop to purchase a flower. I'm pretty sure my princess will like this bouquet.