22- Glimmer of Hope

SHIFA SALEEM

It was a pin-drop silent, with Shahid and I, both focused on our phones, completely ignoring each other as if he hadn't said anything yesterday and i hadn't heard anything.

He clears his throat making me straighten up as he was still on his phone. I wanted to ask him specifically whether what he said yesterday was random or a message of encouragement. My heart beats quickly, as if it didn't have enough blood to pump.

I mustered all my courage to finally initiate the conversation between us. However, my heart drops at a mere sight of a guy, My ex Mansoor.

He takes a seat next to me and says "Hello there beauty, nice to meet you again." He leans towards me as i jerk away annoyed. Completely ignoring him my gaze turn to shahid who appeared to be dead-staring into the guy. His jaw clenching, making him appear even more handsome.

"You there, do you know her?" Mansoor questions Shahid, who appeares to respond with "Curious?." He replies sipping on the juice placed on the table.

Mansoor turns back to me asking "Do you remember me Shifa? How have you been?." I respond with "Alhamdulillah, i was so good until you showed up".

"Such an Attitude you have, bitch." He snarls causing me to blurt out. "You call it attitude, We Muslims gets rewards ignoring opposite gender."

He looks at me stunned for a second, and goes on "Muslims? Then what am i?" I reply with "Just a human being who doesn't fear Allah". "So your saying the guy here is not an opposite gender to you?." He fireback at me.

Shahid clears his throat responding him; "Are.You.Perhaps.Blind?." I let out a chuckle, Mansoor clenching his hand. I know him very well, he doesn't even have a lil bit of patience.

"Listen Mansoor, He is someone i know of and get your ass out of here before i say anything infront of others." I state, my voice firm this time, but he didn't care at all.

"Heyy babez!" A girl approached our table taking a seat next to Mansoor eyeing me.The girl vulgerely dressed, which would draw any man's attention.

The moment she sat, she gave those flirty look at shahid, which i didn't like. And i noticed Shahid completely ignoring it as he stare into my eye.

"Shifa..Was it?." Before i could even agree to it mansoor admits "Yes it's her babe, A girl with a lot of mistakes!" And the girl continues "Yes, you even mentioned she bowled her eyes after you guys broke up, yeah?" My breath hitched hearing what they had just said.

Even though he was the one who cheated on me, he dared to mock me, along with his new girlfriend. Especially Shahid, who knows nothing about my past, is hearing everything which makes me hate myself.

SHAHID SAIF

So this is the ex who she mentioned five years ago. I didn't think he was so lowkey.
My blood boiled in my veins as the guy disrespected the woman i love. To My Woman.

But i can't say anything since I'm a total stranger here who knows nothing. I'm holding up my patience so that i don't do anything stupid to his face without Shifa's consent.

"My biggest mistake wasn't falling for you; it was thinking that maybe you fell for me too. No more You, No more Tears, No more waiting. I end our chapter that day itself." Shifa says with a stern voice. Dang that was a good one!.

"Aww Shifa is strong enough to talk back to me, you have changed sweety" Mansoor says making me wanna punch his good-for-nothing face so that he bleeds to death right here and now, Shahid calm down.