24 - Sorrow

SHIFA SALEEM

"Nahima called me four times but i couldn't pick it up since i was having a patient and i ignored it, For God's sake i thought she was calling like she used to normally but it completely wasn't!! And only later did A-Aunty call me." I said while driving, the phone tugged on my ear. Tanisha on the other-line.

"A-Auntyy!!?? Did you pick up the call? What did she say?" Tanisha inquired and i replied, "Yes i answered her call, and *sigh* she mentioned that Aunty discussed something with her that she shouldn't have. After that Nahima stormed out of the house and drove away with her car. Aunty assumed she was with us, but she was not."

"Any text message from her?" Tanu asks as i reply "Not yet, i texted her frequently, but she isn't online. Where could this girl have gone at this late hour!!. I even asked Aunty if she knew where Nahima might be, all she said was she is clueless."

"Wait, wait, don't rush over anywhere without me.Wait for me and I'll be there." Tanu states and i wait for her in my car parked in sideway, 10 p.m right now. It was yesterday Nahima moved onto her new apartment, So it's only possible that she is around here.

A knock appears on my car window, It was Tanu and i make my way out locking the door and we approach her apartment. Nahima did not tell her adoptive parents about the location of her new apartment because of her Asshole adoptive father.

Tanu rings the doorbell, but no sound were heard as if no one lives on that floor. I kept calling her, and finally she picked up.

"Helloo!! Where are you girl?!" tanu and I both ask her worriedly but silence fell on the other-line as our worries reach beyond the peek.

"I-I'm tired of it, I'm tired of everything. I'm glad you guys were there during those times but I-I can't take it anymore." Nahima says her voice cracked and hitched at the same time.

"Where are you right nowww?" I raise my voice at the phone almost pleasing earning a chuckle from her as she states "Can't find me cuz I'm out of reach, isn't it besties?". "Nahima don't play games, we are worried sick right now, please please nahimu.." Tanu states.

T-Tanu and Shiff... I can'tt.. I really can'tt!!!" Nahimu continues on the other end "Not only did he abuse me but my adoptive parents even kept that info from me, I have no idea where i belong right now" She lets out a sob.

"Calm down, nahimu, calm down. See, we planned a girls nightout at your new apartment, all those where your dream. Please don't forget that girlyy please!" I state as she respond; "Park...Streat 41."

She ends up the call immediately as we rush to the location she mentioned, which was near her apartment.

"There she is". Tanu points to a familiar figure sitting on the bench in her abaya, which would scare anyone off in this late at night. We approach her, panting from all the running.

Her eyes land on us stating "Above all else His Almighty has blessed me these creatures that i do not want to leave behind. Alhamdulillah Allah, for gifting me these creatures." I smack her head, and she chuckles in response.

"Are you really okay..?" I state this as I and Tanu both welcome her with a hug. "Not entirely but I'm okay since i have got you guys." She states making us tear up along with her.

"S-So what happend, spill it to us girlyyy" Tanu inquires as we all sob together, Nahima wiping her snot from Tanu's hijab. "Y-You idiot. Ah, spill it out before i snatch my hijab away from you."

We all laugh at this and Nahima says; "Th-That Adoptive parent of mine were actually my cousins! My Uncle and Aunts."

"Whatt!!!??" tanu and I both raise our voices in confusion and stunned, still not sure what we just heard and trying to process everything she had said just now.

"Mom-- I meant my Aunty who was my adoptive mom until now, wanted to have a word with me after i mentioned that i had moved into a new apartment. She stated that she wanted to tell this to me but couldn't because of my Father- i meant, my Uncle. You all know how abusive and wicked he is." She states looking up at the sky, where only stars and moon were spotted amidst the darkness.

"The moment Aunty opened up to me i asked why they did hide me from my real parents, and she answered me it's all because of my wicked uncle who wanted to take over the company. I asked her about my parents, all she said was she doesn't know about their whereabouts."
Nahima said as I and Tanu both listen to her.

Her adoptive mother--Aunty, has always been on Nahimu's side when her Father-Uncle beats up Nahimu. Her Aunty would cover for nahima, ending up with more scar in her body than nahimu. Nahimu and aunty were close but not exactly but they were close, as aunty would protect nahimu from her abusive uncle. Even though they didn't have those adoptive mom relationship, nahima liked her better than her adoptive father, who is now an uncle.

"Did you ask their names?" Tanu inquires as i pat on nahima on the back, who appeared to tear up a lot right now. "Y-Yeah, but she said she doesn't know because it all happened before she married my uncle." That's something more serious now.

We calm her down, and head o her apartment. We intended to fulfill the wish nahimu had dreamed off and our promise to her regarding the girl's night out today. I informed my parents about the situation and same went for tanu who mentioned her parents..

We were cooking pasta, and Nahima was watching us chuckling, saying she would eat it even if it was burnt. All she could do was tease us in this situation, but we could see sorrow in her eyes, which she did not express.

Thankgod it wasn't burned as we all dig in to the food making ourself full and having fun. Nahima seemed to be okay and i texted aunty informing she is with us. Not mentioning about where we are right now.

We lay on the bed with sleepy eyes after pillow fighting and other games that Nahimu wanted to play, a horror movie that almost made Tanu pee, and tiredness blooming.

My phone buzz late at night prompting nahima to pick it up handing over to me.

Him: Are you perhaps okay, i saw you hurry to some place Princess.

Me: Quit stalking me, You freaking Asshole.

Him: How can i stop stalking you when your not okay!.

Me: Who told I ain't okay. Quit nagging dumbo.

Him: I know you ain't okay after you met that good-for-nothing ex of yours. Some people won't understand your words, while some won't even need words to understand you, Princess.

Me: Haha nice quote, i like it You.Prince.Charming. But HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT MY EX!!???

There was no response to my texts while I and my friends were reading this. "How the hell!!! Is he someone we know of? Perhaps?" Nahima raises her voice making us flinch earning a chuckle from her. Something definetly is wrong with her brain now. Tanu continues "It seems this stalker of yours is one of the men in the wedding hall.

"But, only Shahid is the one who is aware of my ex so far, but i don't think he is behind this." I state as my friends agree with me "Yeah, that's true, he is such a gentleman and I'm pretty sure it's not him." Nahima says as we all continue to think about who it could be and eventually we all fall asleep.

I was glad we could be there for nahimu at this moment, and was grateful that she answered the phone and opened up to us, Alhamdulillah for everything. Normally it takes her a week to open up to us. It was the same when she was abused by her uncle. I was glad she opened up to us much earlier than expected, and I was glad we could be there for her during her grief. Sharing her sorrow and being there for her, as well as seeing her laugh in the aftermath made me feel revieled.

~Stay tuned for the next chapter, Support me by voting if you liked this. Love Y'all Famzz~